British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 79

Good choice of quiz theme Chris, it did cross my mind to do a politics one but with doing all the others, hadn't got round to it. Might explain why I got a decent 8/10 on this one.

Not easy, just matched some of my favourite progs. Hopefully you had a Steptoe & Son in the Bonus 5. Got Qs 4 & 9 wrong.

Nice different twist, but 6/10 and 1/5

8 out of 10 (not cats!) Number 10 was an educated guess.

Didn't get numbers 4 (never heard of the comedian in question) or 7 (didn't remember).

Thanks everyone!

I usually do these late at night but didn't expect another one so soon after Monday's! Imagine my surprise when I logged in this evening!
Chris Hallam! Politics!
7/10 for me. Started really well, thought I may know all of them, but was caught out on a few in the latter half.
The only reason I got the Rising Damp one wrong was I rushed into it, the actor I chose was in it but a different episode!
Good stuff Chris...

Correct: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 9, 10

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st July 2024, 10:59 PM

Nice one Niki, but don't think of a Dad's Army one, as that is one of mine coming up on 31st July to celebrate it's launch in 1968 😁

No worries Herc, happy to leave the Dad's Army specials to you, looking forward to the next.

Quote: don rushmore @ 2nd July 2024, 4:50 PM

Another great set of questions from Niki. Best quizmaster here (along with Kate).

Thank you don 😊 and I too am a fan of Kate's quizzes.

So I started well on this week's politics-themed quiz but it didn't last to the end - 8/10 and 1/5. Good assortment of questions though, enjoyed them.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 3rd July 2024, 9:30 AM

Didn't get number 4 (never heard of the comedian in question)

I'm sure you have Billy, if not in name, but he was the one who showed up that fraudster Blatter with his shower of money stunt at a FIFA do.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th July 2024, 12:52 AM

I'm sure you have Billy, if not in name, but he was the one who showed up that fraudster Blatter with his shower of money stunt at a FIFA do.

So his claim to fame is turning up at functions and distributing things to/over people he doesn't like.

I could do that!

Not sure it merits the epithet "comedian" though.

Quiz 314 by Hercules!

6/10 for me. Good mix of old and new - I generally did best with the more modern ones, although many years ago I went to the Laurel and Hardy museum located where Stan was born, so I remembered that..

Correct: 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10

Enjoyable! I got 9 - just the Hancock one wrong.
Only got one of the extra questions right.
Good stuff!

3 but at least they weren't guesses (7,8,9) and 1.

Quote: a plate @ 10th July 2024, 1:45 AM

I went to the Laurel and Hardy museum located where Stan was born, so I remembered that..

My sister was born there. I use that fact to break the ice at parties. I don't get invited to parties very often.

10/10 thank you very much. I think it's an age thing.

A hamper of sticky buns for Bunter, well done. Just 8/10 for me, proving I'm not old yet.

Quote: a plate @ 10th July 2024, 1:45 AM

Quiz 314 by Hercules!

6/10 for me. Good mix of old and new - I generally did best with the more modern ones, although many years ago I went to the Laurel and Hardy museum located where Stan was born, so I remembered that..

Correct: 1, 4, 7, 8, 9, 10

Nice one, and thank you for the " Good mix of old and new", which is what I strive to do with my quizzes

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 10th July 2024, 5:59 AM

Enjoyable! I got 9 - just the Hancock one wrong.
Only got one of the extra questions right.
Good stuff!

Superb! And thank you

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 10th July 2024, 7:43 AM

10/10 thank you very much. I think it's an age thing.

Blinking brilliant! Well done Billy, and yes it is a generational thing - we're obviously on the same wave-length

A 10/- postal order is in the post, or you can have a 15/- voucher for the tuck shop?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th July 2024, 7:58 AM

A hamper of sticky buns for Bunter, well done. Just 8/10 for me, proving I'm not old yet.

Another good result

Nice one Herc, pleased with my 8/10 and 3/5 this week. A few there that are quite before my time, does that mean I'm still young? 😜