British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 37

I voted for tarquin fin-tim-lin-bin-whin-bim-lim-bus-stop Ftan Ftang ole' biscuit Barrell ( Silly Party )

I voted for a Mr S. Baldrick

apparently only 1 of the 92 English and Welsh Football League clubs are based in current Conservative constituencies.
Does anyone know the team?

I should have put this in the quiz thread, I mean the football one

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 5th July 2024, 7:58 PM

Thing is, that's not true.

Yes, he's changed the party into a more right-wing one, but that's not why he won. Starmer got 33.9% of the vote and 9.7m actual votes - that's fewer votes than Corbyn got in 2019 and only a vote percentage increase of 1.8%.

Starmer won because the Conservative vote fell 19.8% to 23.7%

Both Corbyn's results would have been good enough to beat Sunak, as would even Ed Milliband's in 2015.

Correspondingly Starmer would not have beaten Boris or Teresa May with this vote share.

2015 Miliband, 9.3million votes 30.4% vote share
2017 Corbyn, 12.9million votes 40% vote share
2019 Corbyn, 10.3million votes 32.1% vote share
2024 Starmer, 9.7million votes 33.9% vote share

Every election is different. People would have voted very differently had Corbyn still been leader. Even with the Tories so unpopular, I doubt Labour under Corbyn would even have won.
Enough of this nonsense! All we know with any certainty is that Corbyn led Labour to defeat twice while Starmer has led Labour to an historic landslide victory.

The country has spoken and democracy has won again with a mere one-third of the eligible voting population putting Sir Kweir Schemer in power - God Save the King, as we're going to need it, while the band played "Things Can Only Get Better" as HMS Britain sinks into the abyss of broken promises and taxation.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th July 2024, 8:35 AM

The country has spoken and democracy has won again with a mere one-third of the eligible voting population putting Sir Kweir Schemer in power - God Save the King, as we're going to need it, while the band played "Things Can Only Get Better" as HMS Britain sinks into the abyss of broken promises and taxation.

You didn't vote, though, did you.
So you can't complain.

Number of days since the country was ran by a group of sleazy, lying, self serving, corrupt, law breaking, incompetent, bullying, greedy bastards:-

One

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th July 2024, 9:39 AM

You didn't vote, though, did you.
So you can't complain.

That won't stop him.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 6th July 2024, 8:35 AM

When did a majority of eligible voters ever elect any one party? It's never happened!

It was a treat watching Angie rocking up in a green suit.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 6th July 2024, 11:09 AM

It was a treat watching Angie rocking up in a green suit.

Women, eh?

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th July 2024, 11:39 AM

Women, eh?

Can't live with them, can't tolerate them holding any position of political power.

First ever female chancellor and a record 11 female cabinet ministers

I'm already sick of this woke government 😋

The Timpson's guy is a great appointment.
Especially if anyone loses their keys.

And in honour of the man...

I notice Starmer had to keep referring to his notes when speaking outside number 10. Just to check what it was he was supposed to be believing in at the moment.