British Comedy Guide

The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 799

Sun headline tomorrow - Bell End saved by Bell Boy

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th June 2024, 7:00 PM

I thought we were about to be mercifully relieved from any more suffering but, no, it's going on...

Said something to the other half.
It's a bit like having a particularly nasty dental appointment cancelled.
But only for a few days.

I told my wife the Sunday dinner was going to be a bit late as I wanted to watch the match, BUT............

After seeing the usual to me, to Pickford, to him, to me, to Pickford, to him, to me, to Pickford, to him, to me, to Pickford, to him, (you could hear the crowd boo again) I gave up and we had dinner at the usual time as I simply could not stand any more of that negativity.

They won't last, I'm sorry to say

Never in doubt

And onwards we go

You have to feel very slightly for the Slovak team and fans - they must have been absolutely gutted, thinking they had it in the bag

F**k em.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st July 2024, 9:26 AM

F**k em.

Quite.
After a flurry of yellows at the beginning they got away with murder later on.

Didn't much like Bellingham and Kane's posturing to the crowd after the 1st goal, though.
It was a bit like a bloke who's stopped beating his wife expecting a medal or something.
If anything they should have apologised.

Looking forward to Saturday. 3/1 Switzerland to win in 90 minutes. It'll be like buying money.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st July 2024, 9:26 AM

F**k em.

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st July 2024, 9:32 AM

Quite.
After a flurry of yellows at the beginning they got away with murder later on.

You two, now odd (changed what I was going to put for "odd") bedfellows are hard f**kers

The funny part was a TV crew interviewing England fans who had left the game early and were walking away from the stadium disgusted.
First one 'What did you think of the game? 'F**king shite and Southgate wants sacking. 'England have just scored. Him dashing back to the game.
2nd one, same question, same answer... who scored? Bellingham. He turns round to reveal his England shirt with Bellingham written on it.

Portugal's Pepe must be about 48 years old 👀😳

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st July 2024, 8:25 PM

Portugal's Pepe must be about 48 years old 👀😳

Not quite. He's two years older than Ronaldo.

And to be fair even though England can't pass forward unless they are behind in a match, Portugal struggled to break down Slovenia as well, and looked very England like at times.
So although we've been tepid and underwhelming so far , we haven't been that bad
It was just lucky that Declan Rice's shot hit the post rather than going in otherwise we'd have been hanging on for whatever time was left and might have lost the Slovakia game

You don't see 3 consecutive penalties, in a penalty shoot-out being saved very often.

Trouble was, Slovenia, for all their guts, were pretty hopeless in front of goal.
Which, sadly, is exactly where the penalty spot is.
First was a brilliant save - second two were soft, IMHO.