British Comedy Guide

The Rolling Quiz Page 10

Keep guessing well-known UK sitcoms from the period and you will get it.
One Foot in the Grave and The Brittas Empire have been the closest answers so far (not that there's any direct link to them).

Father Ted?

No

Ok I googled it

Think long running

90's

Only Fools and Horses?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th June 2024, 5:56 AM

Only Fools and Horses?

No! Although the titles have something in common!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th June 2024, 7:01 AM

No! Although the titles have something in common!

Ah DTDD? Has four letters in its acronym like OFAH!!!

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 16th June 2024, 9:20 AM

Ah DTDD? Has four letters in its acronym like OFAH!!!

CORRECT !
Well done. Your turn!
I was thinking of the 'horses' and 'donkey' connection. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7PRnZYW74qY

Oh sorry yes, a question...er...er...okay in the 1990s Professor Alexander Abian of Iowa State University advocated his M..E..theory as the solution to end extreme weather activity like heat waves, hurricanes, tornadoes and flooding and make the seasons milder.

What course of action did he propose doing to achieve this?

Having a relationship with a Mrs Thunberg and producing a daughter?

Setting up an organisation to be called "Just Stop Oil" and transporting them to protest marches and meetings all over the country in their motor vehicles and worldwide by jet plane?

Good guess but no. The clue to what he proposed doing is in what the words are in M..E.. Carry on...

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th June 2024, 6:47 AM

Good guess but no. The clue to what he proposed doing is in what the words are in M..E.. Carry on...

This is like Hercules with his 'CH' means 'Central Heating' controversy! :)

I'm guessing the professor bloke's theory was something really outlandish, like some science fiction type thing? Maybe M.E. stands for something to do with the Earth? Try and stop the change of seasons, so stopping extreme weather, by somehow changing the axis of the f**ken Earth?? Or some sort of shit

😵 You're almost there Dr Plate. Yes Earth is 2nd word, yes it was outlandish what he suggested doing. Obviously no one has attempted it yet. Yet.

Did he suggest blowin' up the moon, like?

Or stealing it, like Gru.