British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 26

On last night's longwinded leaders' debate, Starmer being skewered on his contrary Corbyn comments was fun. I think people are starting to see how opportunistic and shallow he is, saying whatever is the popular thing to say at the time then changing with the tide.

Rishi going last could've cashed in on that but as everyone just wanted to give him a kicking he got even tetchier than he has been. He's just not good at dealing with criticism and comes across as arrogant and above having to answer such things. Petulant rich kid. Boris whatever you think about his leadership follies, handled the criticism with charm and grace, so much more comfortable in the spotlight than this PM.

To be fair Alfred that's because Boris is has spent a life lying through his teeth while Sunak was too busy causing financial crisis's.
The only thing they have in common is public school tuition police fines for breaking the Covid law they created and have both been American citizens.

Boris could be quite charming in a blustering buffoon kind of way, but he could also be tetchy and thin skinned to criticism, especially at the despatch box.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st June 2024, 7:23 AM

On last night's longwinded leaders' debate, Starmer being skewered on his contrary Corbyn comments was fun. I think people are starting to see how opportunistic and shallow he is, saying whatever is the popular thing to say at the time then changing with the tide.

You make this sound like a new and shocking phenomena, politicians have always done this, especially the closer to power they get. It might not be pretty, but it's a part of climbing the slippery pole. Always has been, always will be.

Sunak bringing up Corbyn in PMQ's every single week for the last two years has done absolutely nothing to remotely affect the polls - nothing

It's desperate stuff

And it still being brought up now just reminds people that Corbyn is not the Labour leader anymore and the party has moved on and changed

S'all good

I keep reading posts from Reform voters saying the tories and Labour are just puppets of the "new world order" and the globalist iluminati- and that Farage is the only man who can't stop their evil plans!

Basically the same moronic, tin foil hats wearing shit the redneck maga tards say about Trump

Oh and their chosen one, was on TV earlier basically saying Putin invading the sovereign nation of Ukraine was all our fault

Dickhead

BREAKING: The Tories' chief data officer is now under investigation by the Gambling Commission after allegedly placing dozens of bets on the election date

Absolute cesspit

"This government will have integrity, professionalism and accountability at every level.
Trust is earned. And I will earn yours."

Pack your bags. F**k off.

Gaff alert gaff alert ๐Ÿšจ

A Conservative parliamentary candidate and aide to Home Secretary James Cleverly has described the government's flagship Rwanda immigration policy as "crap".
James Sunderland, who was the MP for Bracknell from 2019 to 2024 and is running to represent the constituency again, was recorded expressing the view at a private event in April.
In the recording, passed to the BBC, he is heard to say: "The policy is crap, OK? It's crap."

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

This man has today rushed to his defence...

"Home Secretary James Cleverly has declined to explicitly deny privately describing the Rwanda policy as "batshit".

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ‘

Well Farage has scored a spectacular own goal. I don't trust that weak hypocrite Starmer so I'm really in a dilemma. I think Sunak is the only viable option.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd June 2024, 12:03 PM

Well Farage has scored a spectacular own goal. I don't trust that weak hypocrite Starmer so I'm really in a dilemma. I think Sunak is the only viable option.

Vote for who you like locally in your constituency.

Who wouldn't want another five years of "crap" , "batshit" policies??

At a constituency level Lib Dems have a good record.
And they'll have a bit more voice in parliament this time.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd June 2024, 1:13 PM

At a constituency level Lib Dems have a good record.
And they'll have a bit more voice in parliament this time.

As long as Chappers is happy to shore up Labour's anti-motorist policies (รก la London & Wales) and to make re-joining the EU a priority. ๐Ÿ˜•

That's why I said at a Constituency level.
They make good local councillors too.
Clearly government policy is made by the majority in parliament - so their policy on rejoining will hold little sway.
And as for Anti-Motorist - I like to think of it more as Pro-Human.

Why do you think Starmer is a hypocrite?
I'm not trying to convert you as you seem pretty set. Just curious!

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 23rd June 2024, 2:56 PM

Why do you think Starmer is a hypocrite?
I'm not trying to convert you as you seem pretty set. Just curious!

He's always changing his stance on things. He just wants to keep in the running and decides what people want to hear. For instance his support for Corbin.