British Comedy Guide

Jasper Carrott Page 5

Oh, college crowd in tonight, eh?
Good, aren't I?

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 22nd January 2021, 6:24 AM

Oh, college crowd in tonight, eh?
Good, aren't I?

BOING!

I may be in the minority, but I think this is the greatest single ever recorded. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnoffPV8m0

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th November 2023, 3:46 PM

I may be in the minority, but I think this is the greatest single ever recorded. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cKnoffPV8m0

What about the other side which is why it was a hit?

BOING.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 16th November 2023, 11:18 PM

BOING.

Time for bed.

I'd like to see 70s hairstyles make a comeback. Everyone's doin' the Richard Beckinsale do.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 17th November 2023, 6:29 PM

I'd like to see 70s hairstyles make a comeback.

I'd like to help but I'm not sure I can extend it as far as I did in the 1970s. Might end up with a Robert Robinson.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th November 2023, 7:17 PM

I'd like to help but I'm not sure I can extend it as far as I did in the 1970s. Might end up with a Robert Robinson.

:D I was also thinking of Mick Miller but his hairdo hasn't changed much over the years!

Here are some genuine motor insurance claim forms...
I've been working on my impersonation. Good, isn't it?

His daughter also played Pam from the Office

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 20th June 2024, 10:52 PM

His daughter also played Pam from the Office

Dawn actually - I don't think there was anyone called Pam in The Office, which enable Brent early on to use the old joke of "Waking up at the crack of Dawn"

Correct. Pam was in the American version (which was also very good). Dawn, in the UK version, was played by Carrott's daughter, Lucy Davis.
Pam, who was basically an American version of the same character, was played by Jenna Fischer.

But done nothing since whereas it made huge stars of Freeman, Crook and Gervais, and several others have been busy on TV shows but I haven't seen her in anything but that. Which I find a bit odd unless she gave up acting.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 21st June 2024, 7:38 AM

But done nothing since whereas it made huge stars of Freeman, Crook and Gervais, and several others have been busy on TV shows but I haven't seen her in anything but that. Which I find a bit odd unless she gave up acting.

Not literally nothing as she had major roles in Shaun of the Dead and Wonder Woman amongst other things.
I'm not sure I'd describe Crook as a 'huge star' either.
But you are right - certainly a much quieter career than the other three.