British Comedy Guide

Inside No. 9 - Series 9 Page 3

Last ep was fun. Some would say indulgent, but I enjoy that sort of thing.

The last episode was the most disturbing ever.
Gender-neutral toilets? No-o-o-o!!!!!

The last ep was so perfect. I was trying to guess what it would be since there was so much secrecy. I did get Mark's cameo right, and I hoped they might play themselves. But the rest was a surprise (especially how much we saw of Robin Askwith). Reece's whole 'you're my only friend' thing was heartbreaking.
They'd better have a brand new series planned after the live show. We need them on the telly.

Clever and most enjoyable - it must have cost a fortune in star's wages alone! 😏 So many I had to check the closing credits, BUT did notice there was no Sheridan Smith, who starred in my absolute fave episode "12 Days of Christine"

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th June 2024, 10:32 PM

Clever and most enjoyable - it must have cost a fortune in star's wages alone! 😏 So many I had to check the closing credits, BUT did notice there was no Sheridan Smith, who starred in my absolute fave episode "12 Days of Christine"

She did at least have a line in the clips show they were watching at the party.
There were quite a few people there that I forgot were in it. Time for a massive rewatch (of 55 episodes apparently).

Quote: zooo @ 13th June 2024, 11:04 PM

She did at least have a line in the clips show they were watching at the party.

Yes, from the "12 Days of Christine", which I really loved and it was the only one that made me shed tears (men don't cry 😁)

Didn't like the last episode at all. Poor ending to the series.

Quote: Will Cam @ 17th June 2024, 1:07 PM

Didn't like the last episode at all. Poor ending to the series.

I enjoyed it.
But overall what a superb series it's been over the last decade! I'd thoroughly recommend anyone check out all the past episodes on the BBC iplayer. There's some real gold there.

Playing catch-up and watched 2 last night with the final one still t watch.

I must say that having never been to an escape room, nor ever wanted to, I got a bit confused about how they do things but I did understand the "twist".

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 18th June 2024, 7:39 AM

I enjoyed it.
But overall what a superb series it's been over the last decade! I'd thoroughly recommend anyone check out all the past episodes on the BBC iplayer. There's some real gold there.

Yeah, there are quite a few episodes of Inside No.9 that I haven't seen, so I may do that. I can't remember which episodes of the early ones I've seen, as I dipped in and out of it.

I enjoyed the final episode. Although some bits seemed a bit reminiscent of 'Extras'. I get the impression that there are probably some in-jokes/references that I wouldn't have got, which they put in there for the die-hard fans rather than more casual viewers.

Finally got to watch the last episode and up to par.

Just a couple of points. If Tim Key was going to get the Divine Comedy part how come he was "on the buses"?

Secondly Amanda Abington didn't get a crap. How humiliating that must be after her Strictly meltdown.