British Comedy Guide

Have I Got News For You - Series 67 Page 2

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2024, 6:55 AM

Has anybody ever sat in as a team captain? I'm sure they have but I can't remember.

Yes, Paul Merton missed an entire series back in the day. Didn't he also guest-host the first show after Angus Deayton departed? So someone must have sat in for him then too.

And I don't think the latest series was cancelled because of the election. I think it had run its course anyway. It always finishes the beginning of June. And in December.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 16th June 2024, 8:16 AM

Yes, Paul Merton missed an entire series back in the day. Didn't he also guest-host the first show after Angus Deayton departed? So someone must have sat in for him then too.

And I don't think the latest series was cancelled because of the election. I think it had run its course anyway. It always finishes the beginning of June. And in December.

Didn't I just say all that?

Pardon?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th June 2024, 8:25 AM

Sorry, I didn't see your post. The "magic eye" on the active threads post took me to my first unread post and, because, unusually, I knew the answer, I was evidently over-eager to post a reply. As my answer was by then on a new page I never noticed that there was another post inbetween.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th June 2024, 8:25 AM

He is getting on now, you know - he's not the cheeky faced Billy you see in his avatar

I have a vague recollection of Lee Mack being team captain in one episode maybe five years ago as Merton was sick.

Thought Horne was the best guest host in a long time. Would be very happy to see him in the spot permanently.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th June 2024, 11:00 AM

Thought Horne was the best guest host in a long time. Would be very happy to see him in the spot permanently.

Umm no, I used to think Angus was irreplaceable, but since have always enjoyed the change of chair each week

List of guests and guest-hosts for info. Series 11 was the series without Paul Merton; series 24 was the series that saw the departure of Angus Deayton; series 5 episode 8 featured the notorious tub of lard.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Have_I_Got_News_for_You_episodes

Are there any plans for an Election Special? I'd be surprised if there wasn't.

There are not, no.

Quote: Aaron @ 18th June 2024, 10:28 AM

There are not, no.

Very surprised at that. Biggest political event in decades and HIGNFY won't be covering it?