British Comedy Guide

Have I Got News For You - Series 67

Last episode of the latest series (I always watch the extended repeat), and Jack Dee was on fire! Sooooooooo funny.

Was it the Alex Horne episode? That's the first one I've watched in months, and it was way funnier than I remember it being before. Maybe it was a one off.

Quote: zooo @ 13th June 2024, 11:07 PM

Was it the Alex Horne episode? .................................... Maybe it was a one off.

Yes, and No

I'll have to start watching again then!

On iPlayer presently, as that episode with Jack Dee was the last one in the present series.

Bloody typical.

It weren't my fault........... sniff 😢

Well I've got to blame someone!
It should really be on all year, none of this taking breaks business. The news never stops!

Quote: zooo @ 14th June 2024, 3:56 PM

Well I've got to blame someone!

Are you going to smack my botty. 🤓

You wish. And this has gone VERY off topic. Unless you could somehow link that sort of carry on back to HIGNFY's original host in some way... :O

Quote: zooo @ 14th June 2024, 6:20 PM

You wish. And this has gone VERY off topic.

Oops, I forgot you used to be a global whatsit - please don't report me to A

Ridiculous really that they have to stop during an election campaign. Everyone knows it's just piss taking.

The Beeb afraid that Farage might sue.

I'm wondering who's going to take over when Merton & Hislop go, they can't be far off retirement age, both of them.

Has anybody ever sat in as a team captain? I'm sure they have but I can't remember.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th June 2024, 6:16 PM

Ridiculous really that they have to stop during an election campaign. Everyone knows it's just piss taking.

They didn't! The series was ending anyway. It was normal length and started before anyone knew the election date. In 2019, the series ran throughout the election campaign.
I don't think they're worried about Farage. They have lots of lawyers and haven't libelled him.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2024, 6:55 AM

Has anybody ever sat in as a team captain? I'm sure they have but I can't remember.

Ian Hislop has never missed an episode!
Paul Merton quit for a whole series in the 1990s of so had lots of people stand in for him before coming back again.
He also hosted one episode after Angus was sacked.