British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 15

The president of America was busy changing his underwear.

At least he stayed as did other world leaders and a cancer stricken King along with veterans one of which was 101 years old.
This is not about reflecting onto others this is about a man who understands the British as much as we understand Diwali.
Despite being born here he has been brought up and educated in a bubble. But even then the dimmest twit to ever leave Eton (Stiff competition) is at least up to speed on our basic military history.
Again Stephen this one can't be deflected he has already owned it via a half arse apology alongside rumours he didn't even want to go.
Politically this is more of a gift for Reform than Labour and could see a Lib Dems/ SNP Alliance becoming the official opposition thanks to the first past the post system.
If we had Proportional Representations in place it would have made Reform the opposition its that serious.

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th June 2024, 10:06 AM

You want to have an erection party.....? 🤔

Just highlighting my contempt for politics and the system - just a load of balls

Apparently about a quarter of the voters in Sunaks constituency are military families or veterans

Before today Sunak was only just slightly ahead according to polling for his own constituency

This could cost him his seat...

Ed Milliband may have eaten a bacon sandwich messily- but at least he didn't tell war veterans , f**k off I've got an election to win 🤣🤣🤣

Oh dear....

A leading adviser to Michael Gove has quit the Tory party over Rishi Sunak's "cynical" decision to leave D-Day commemorations early.

Ian Acheson, who has advised the communities secretary on extremism, said the Prime Minister's choice to leave for an election TV interview was a "colossal act of disrespect" to the war veterans at what could be the last event they attend.

In his resignation letter, seen by The Telegraph, Mr Acheson, a former prison governor, said: "It was an act of either colossal stupidity or cynical calculation.

"Either way, it revealed to me that while I still embrace a conservative philosophy, I am no longer willing to have it outsourced to a bunch of mendacious, incompetent and disreputable clowns.

🤡

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th June 2024, 5:08 PM

while I still embrace a conservative philosophy, I am no longer willing to have it outsourced to a bunch of mendacious, incompetent and disreputable clowns.

🤡

Basically what I've been saying ever since 1990.

Putting Mordaunt next to Rayner may have been a mistake

If she keeps jabbing her finger in her face I think Angela is gonna deck the bitch 🥊

And just like her boss, a lying bitch too

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th June 2024, 7:45 PM

Putting Mordaunt next to Rayner may have been a mistake

If she keeps jabbing her finger in her face I think Angela is gonna deck the bitch 🥊

And just like her boss, a lying bitch too

A bit harsh on Rayner & Starmer but I guess you're right..

Rayner again showing off her intellectual prowess with - Tories' 14 years of "abstract failure". Great stuff.

And I think Farage's "Rishy Slippery Sunak" is going to stick to the PM. His late move to stand as a Reform candidate and even moreso become the leader again is looking ominous for the Tories, but maybe for Labour too in the old red wall turned blue seats. A lesson in political planning to all the others, and he's probably the leader most of the Tories would love to have themselves...watch that space.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th June 2024, 12:46 AM

Rayner again showing off her intellectual prowess with - Tories' 14 years of "abstract failure". Great stuff.

We all make mistakes! E.g. "more so" is usually spelt as two different words.
She's clearly intelligent. Some snobbery in this criticism, I think (not just you - lots of people on Twitter or X etc).

Quote: Chappers @ 6th June 2024, 5:34 PM

Brexit was sabotaged at every point - by the EU and those selfish bastards who couldn't accept a democratic decision by the British people.

I wasn't really talking about Brexit here, just Johnson's disastrous spell in Downing Street.
I disagree that Brexit has been sabotaged though. It has successfully knackered our economy, without outside help.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th June 2024, 9:13 PM

Which post weren't about the General Election?
Apart from all yours, of course.

Exactly. What was he on about here?

She's clearly intelligent

She hides it well though.

I thought it was a bit of an unedifying mess that nobody won - least of all the voters (ha ha! who says satire is dead on the BCG!). Although since Labour have already won the election (barring something truly seismic happening) they'll probably be quite happy with a goalless draw.

Quite reassuring that the biggest cheer was for "Brexit has been a disaster" from the SNP guy.
Apart from that, I don't think we learnt much - except that the 1980's want Penny Mordaunt's hairstyle back.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 8th June 2024, 6:14 AM

We all make mistakes! E.g. "more so" is usually spelt as two different words.
She's clearly intelligent. Some snobbery in this criticism, I think (not just you - lots of people on Twitter or X etc).

No mistake, moreso is established usage, despite the red underline it gets on pedantic word processor software I ignore.

Snobbery or disbelief that someone with a sub O Level command of the English language can become the de facto Prime Minister in a few weeks? Never mind once being the shadow Education Secretary.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th June 2024, 11:09 AM

No mistake, moreso is established usage, despite the red underline it gets on pedantic word processor software I ignore.

Snobbery or disbelief that someone with a sub O Level command of the English language can become the de facto Prime Minister in a few weeks? Never mind once being the shadow Education Secretary.

O levels?
You have your finger on the pulse clearly!