British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 14

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th June 2024, 9:07 AM

Not really dishonesty is it? Starmer example you gave is feeble.

Keep digging!

Not the worst manifesto I have read.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th June 2024, 9:31 AM

Keep digging!

Tory trolling!

Quote: Chappers @ 5th June 2024, 6:53 PM

It looks to me like another own goal following Kinnock and Milliband.

Shall we see how things look in one month's time?

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th June 2024, 11:45 AM

Tory trolling!

I thought we were having a discussion. You disagreeing with me and me posting a response does not equal trolling!

Neither, come to that, does me agreeing with Owen Jones, of all people, make me a Tory!

This silly, but funny tweet made me grin today.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th June 2024, 4:43 PM

This silly, but funny tweet made me grin today.

🤣

Talking of Nige, he is now 2% behind the Tories according to a poll today....

Redfield & Wilton Strategies

@RedfieldWilton

35m

Westminster VI (5/6-6/6):
Labour 42% (-4)
Conservative 19% (-1)
Reform UK 17% (+3)
Lib Dem 12% (+2)
Green 6% (+1)
SNP 3% (+1)
Other 2% (-)
Changes +/- 31/5-2/6

Poll states that the Conservatives are losing 32% of their 2019 voters to Reform. Labour just 4%

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th June 2024, 9:07 AM

Not really dishonesty is it? Starmer example you gave is feeble.

Boris Johnson was PM between 2019 and 2022 and is thus responsible for much of the mess we are in now. You and other Tory supporters would understandably now prefer to pretend he never existed. The electorate haven't forgotten him!

Brexit was sabotaged at every point - by the EU and those selfish bastards who couldn't accept a democratic decision by the British people.

Labours £2k tax bombshell

A wonderful lie brought to you from the same people that gave you...

"Leave campaign's claim that "we send the EU £350 million a week - let's fund our NHS instead". This was indisputably wrong, as reflected in public finances since, which have never shown a net saving from Brexit"

Did you read the thread topic?
You and your cohorts are so obsessed to the point you can't think straight.

Which post weren't about the General Election?
Apart from all yours, of course.

The tories policy today is about helping veterans

Why? Oh yeah, cos they need votes...

"Thousands of military veterans have been made homeless in the past year despite a government pledge to stop former members of the Armed Forces sleeping rough.

Analysis from the Labour Party found that veteran homelessness had increased by 14 percent since last year, with around 180 households losing their home every month.

Steve McCabe, the shadow veterans minister, warned that veterans were being "let down" by the Government and pledged that Labour would provide "homes fit for heroes".

I have a feeling I'm not permitted to discuss the election on social media in the run up to the election because of my job
So no highbrow biting political satire from me this time around I'm afraid
I don't think I'm even allowed to call Nigel farage a *****

If you type Election upside down, you get Slovakian for Erection, and that's about as far as my interest in this boring subject goes - I'd be up for that though, if anyone wants to start an Erection Party

You want to have an erection party.....? 🤔

Didn't realise you were that way inclined buddy

I'll take a pass

Number of days since the last Tory gaff = 0

Sunak left Normandy early and took part in an ITV interview back in the UK last night, while world leaders still there attended a ceremony on Omaha Beach (pictured above). Apologising this morning, he said that "on reflection, it was a mistake not to stay in France longer - and I apologise".

Can you imagine if someone like Corbyn had f**ked off early, just so he could bugger off home to do a recording with ITV instead ?

Daily Mail front page " Corbyn the Britain hater in disgusting slur to our D Day heroes"

No matter what side you're on anyone can see that Sunak is being advised by half wits and that he himself has no real grasp of politics.
Even if you don't want to be there among the last survivors of such a heroic point in history you don't f**k off early and live a King with cancer holding the fort and Keir Starmer sitting next to Zelenski not to mention missing a photo op with the Presidents of America and France.
This idiot is asking the youth of the country to do a years National Service and yet can't even do a full day of it himself.
What he has shown is a complete lack of personal judgement about the people of this country on both sides of the divide.
The lying he may get away with but insulting the fallen to do a pre recorded interview is the last straw. God hep Rear Admiral Mourdant tonight in the debate with Rayner she represents a military families and naval base constituency and will have to defend a man who walked out on them during the remembrance of their finest hours.