British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 12

Quote: Lazzard @ 4th June 2024, 9:15 AM

The ideal scenario is that he encourages the Reform vote, knackes the Tories but doesn't win his seat.
I would raise a glass to that.

A glass of milkshake?

🤪

In a rather hilarious twist Twitter is showing an old photo of Farage with the girl and they know each other.
His supporters are saying its not the same girl and that it is disinformation.
I'm not convinced myself but seeing how many people are livid about story manipulation has me chuckling.
Because its mostly them who spend their days literally doing it themselves.

If his supporters say it's not the same girl,it must be her.
He's like a mini Trump,it's best to believe the opposite of what he get's his fans to say.

Blonde, it must be her, except the thrower flashes her Jack n Danny on onlyfans.

I only watched bits of the leaders debate as they are pointless

But I did catch Rishi trying to empathise with people concerning getting on the property ladder

He spoke about when he got his first flat

That would be when he and his wife rented a beachfront flat in Santa Monica, California -
for $20,000 a month....

Hmmm

But he kicked Starmer's arse last night, didn't he.

Pretty even, I thought - I think Starmer could have done better & should have challenged the 2k tax claim, which is dubious at best.
And the pension thing is bollocks as it was actually Tory policy a week ago - again KS should have had him on that.
I know how you like a poll, SG, so if you want to take a deep dive... https://ygo-assets-websites-editorial-emea.yougov.net/documents/Debate2f.pdf

Agreed. Pretty much a draw really. Not a great format. Nobody had enough time to answer.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 4th June 2024, 9:32 PM

Blonde, it must be her, except the thrower flashes her Jack n Danny on onlyfans.

Always with the misogyny...

I didn't watch because neither are great debaters. In fact considering Starmer was a barrister it's always a surprise that he isn't better.

@YouGov

13h

Who was more... Trustworthy: Sunak 39% / Starmer 49%
Likeable: Sunak 34% / Starmer 50%
In touch: Sunak 17% / Starmer 66%
Prime Ministerial: Sunak 43% / Starmer 40%

Sir Keir Starmer beat Rishi Sunak by 44% to 39% in Tuesday night's campaign debate, according to a new poll from Savanta conducted entirely after the clash concluded on ITV.

Personally I thought it was even

Sunak comes across as a tetchy little sod

Starmer mumbles at times - and everytime Sunak made his 2k tax claim - he just stood there like a lemon

I bet his advisers were screaming in the green room "REFUTE IT FOR FUCKS SAKE MAN!!!!!"

You can't have a series debate in 45 second chunks- especially when the presenter was useless at keeping order

The presenter was good, just the format was bad.

Corbyn only lost to Johnson in the TV debate in 2019 by 2%

He still got butchered at the ballot box

Sunak did OK but it won't make any difference to the result

I think one thing we can all agree on - this election won't be about personality.

And it damn well shouldn't be

For a bit of light-hearted relief (on a comedy forum!?) if you close your eyes, Rishi Sunak sounds like Simon Bird, and Keir Starmer sounds like Josh Widdicombe