British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 9

Quote: Lazzard @ 1st June 2024, 11:55 AM

I just hope they get enough of a majority to get things done.

"My analysis on tonight's MRP survey of 10,000 people by Electoral Calculus for GB News and the Daily Mail, the first such poll of the election campaign:

The poll lays bare the risk that Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has taken with his party's MPs by choosing to go to the country six months before he had to. It makes for a devastating read for the Conservatives.
Electoral Calculus found that tactical voting is likely to be a big deal at this election: Labour wins either 493 MPs (with no tactical voting) or 476 MPs (with tactical voting), according to the poll.
The corresponding figures for the Conservatives are 72 and 66. This is a threat to the Tory party's very existence - no political party has a right to exist.
The Tory party would only just have more MPs than the Liberal Democrats, who could win 59 MPs despite winning just 10 per cent of the votes.
Richard Tice's Reform UK party is set to win 12 per cent of the votes - the third biggest national vote share - and yet be left with not a single MP.
The forecast Labour victory would be larger than Tony Blair's landslide in 1997 and be the largest win by any party in modern parliamentary history, except for 1931.
Heads are predicted to roll among Tory big beasts with 18 Cabinet ministers set to be turfed out of office: Oliver Dowden, James Cleverly, Grant Shapps, Penny Mordaunt, Kemi Badenoch, Claire Coutinho, Mel Stride, Gillian Keegan, Mark Harper, David Davies, Victoria Prentis, Esther McVey, Andrew Mitchell and Johnny Mercer all replaced by Labour MPs.
The forecast result is nothing less than a warning for the Tories that they have to go all out to prevent what could be an extinction-level event for the party, one of the most disastrous election results on British history, or get steam-rollered by Sir Keir Starmer's Labour party on July 4."

I wonder wether some of these extreme predictions are actually out there to scare Reform voters into not 'wasting' their vote.
There's a lot of "Vote Reform, get Labour" messaging coming out from CCHQ at the moment...

Or another way to look at it

To Reform voters - who are wavering

Why go back to the Tories? These polls suggest they haven't got a prayer so why bother?

Vote reform and at least teach the tories a lesson for not being right wing enough

Which of course is the Reform message.

This Tory MP claims so many Labour voters in his constituency plan to vote for him instead- he has put this on his website and promotions

https://nitter.poast.org/pic/orig/media%2FGO-WOvaW4AAj1Aj.jpg

Clearly he thinks voters will vote for him by mistake thinking he is the Labour candidate!

Tories - lying, cheating corrupt scumbags to the very end!

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st June 2024, 12:02 PM

"My analysis on tonight's MRP survey of 10,000 people by Electoral Calculus for GB News and the Daily Mail, the first such poll of the election campaign:

The poll lays bare the risk that Prime Minister Rishi Sunak has taken with his party's MPs by choosing to go to the country six months before he had to. It makes for a devastating read for the Conservatives.
Electoral Calculus found that tactical voting is likely to be a big deal at this election: Labour wins either 493 MPs (with no tactical voting) or 476 MPs (with tactical voting), according to the poll.
The corresponding figures for the Conservatives are 72 and 66. This is a threat to the Tory party's very existence - no political party has a right to exist.
The Tory party would only just have more MPs than the Liberal Democrats, who could win 59 MPs despite winning just 10 per cent of the votes.
Richard Tice's Reform UK party is set to win 12 per cent of the votes - the third biggest national vote share - and yet be left with not a single MP.
The forecast Labour victory would be larger than Tony Blair's landslide in 1997 and be the largest win by any party in modern parliamentary history, except for 1931.
Heads are predicted to roll among Tory big beasts with 18 Cabinet ministers set to be turfed out of office: Oliver Dowden, James Cleverly, Grant Shapps, Penny Mordaunt, Kemi Badenoch, Claire Coutinho, Mel Stride, Gillian Keegan, Mark Harper, David Davies, Victoria Prentis, Esther McVey, Andrew Mitchell and Johnny Mercer all replaced by Labour MPs.
The forecast result is nothing less than a warning for the Tories that they have to go all out to prevent what could be an extinction-level event for the party, one of the most disastrous election results on British history, or get steam-rollered by Sir Keir Starmer's Labour party on July 4."

Is that really your analysis?

I added the quotes for all the pedants

Nah. It's some doofus on gb news

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st June 2024, 6:19 PM

I added the quotes for all the pedants

Nah. It's some doofus on gb news

Not much point in adding quotes if you don't say what you're quoting from. It makes your post nonsensical & meaningless.

Although come to think of it...

Ah yes, but I don't actually give two shits what you think

I quoted it for Lazzard

So bore off you PEDANTIC pillock

Ah, insults.
You're a fake who can't use his own word

How can you debate if it's quotes and bad-mouthing? You are a laughing stock..

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 1st June 2024, 7:46 PM

Ah, insults.
You're a fake who can't use his own word

How can you debate if it's quotes and bad-mouthing? You are a laughing stock..

I'm not remotely interested in debating anything with you?

You come across as a horrible arrogant person - I've no interest in conversing with you at any time , about anything

You're always telling me nobody ever reads my posts, including yourself

So I don't even know why you are commenting?

Have you nothing else to do with your time

Obviously not

Anyway as you clearly have nothing else to do but read my posts - you'll enjoy this brand new poll, from a pollster that usually has much smaller Labour leads

Labour lead at 20pts
Westminster voting intention

LAB: 45% (+4)
CON: 25% (-2)
REF: 11% (+1)
LDEM: 8% (-2)
GRN: 6% (-1)

via @OpiniumResearch
sotn.newstatesman.com/2024/0

But, but, but...DIANE ABBOT??? 😢

Enjoy your evening 😆👍

I see the tories are now pretty much resorting to bribing Pensioners to get their votes

Maybe they think Pensioners have forgotten this...

Matt Hancock was warned in April 2020 of the dangers of not testing for Covid-19 in care homes, but was told "people dying" in them were often "near the end regardless".

In WhatsApp messages seen by the Covid-19 Inquiry, the former health secretary's media adviser urged him to start testing for cases in care homes to avoid negative "front pages".

"Do we also need a push on testing people in care? Or at least have some sort of focused effort on testing people in care," said Jamie Njoku-Goodwin.

"I know it is complex and the people dying in care homes are often people who were near the end regardless, but I worry that if a load of people in care start dying, there will be front pages demanding why we weren't testing people in care homes. Do we need to get ahead of this now?"

Roughly translated as "f**k em' they are old and will snuff it soon anyway"

All politicians are self serving frauds and not worth getting angry about.

Quote: stonecoldsteveaustin @ 1st June 2024, 10:56 PM

All politicians are self serving frauds and not worth getting angry about.

Trouble is, you're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.
In the end, everyone has to pick a side.

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd June 2024, 9:28 AM

Trouble is, you're either part of the problem, or part of the solution.
In the end, everyone has to pick a side.

Bloody hell, Lazzard, I hope your scripts have less cliches than those two sentences!