British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 7

Letting this story run was a mistake that was easy to spot and easy to fix and should have never arisen.
Apart from the need for a big tent the people of this country should see that Labour offers change and respite and this story was a distraction.
If Labour get a sizeable majority then the backbenchers will be able to increase the number of policies.
Without the current need to pander to the right wing media Starmer will have to find balances with his back benches in order to use his majority.
Whether by necessity or ideology the front bench will have to bend and be way more supple otherwise it won't be the power it can be.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2024, 9:35 AM

So, first Aspama Begum, then Diane Abbot, now Faiza Shaheen. Is this mere misogyny (from a Labour party who has never elected a female leader) or is it the usual racism (from a party that has never had a leader "of colour" and has anti-Semitism history)? This same question, of course, goes back some decades to the days of Neil Kinnock with the case of Martha Osamor back in the 1989 Vauxhall by-election.

It's nice to see you wanting more diversity and equality in Britain. Good on you, Comrade Bunter.

Quote: chipolata @ 31st May 2024, 2:34 PM

It's nice to see you wanting more diversity and equality in Britain. Good on you, Comrade Bunter.

I have absolutely no objection to other nationals and ethnicities making their homes in the UK provided they are law-abiding and useful members of society. It's the sheer increasing numbers when we have neither the space nor the infrastructure to cope to which I object. There are many non-law abiding and non-useful native Brits that I would happily see leave the country in exchange for a law abiding and productive immigrant.

Like the half a dozen or so Bulgarians who have just been sent to jail for defrauding the benefit system of around an eye watering £54 million - I think they got about 5 years each (that should teach 'em - NOT) and then they maybe deported.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st May 2024, 4:22 PM

Like the half a dozen or so Bulgarians who have just been sent to jail for defrauding the benefit system of around an eye watering £54 million - I think they got about 5 years each (that should teach 'em - NOT) and then they maybe deported.

Hence my stressing of law abiding, useful members of society and productive

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 31st May 2024, 9:53 AM

No sexism. Just the aftermath of the unpleasant antisemitism of the Corbyn era which Starmer is successfully stamping out.

It's easy to stamp out something that never existed. Although Starmer is so incompetent it's possible that he wouldn't even be able to do that.

If we want to usher facts into the equation, Starmer has actually been accused by Jewish members of the party of making them feel "unsafe" and 'disproportionately targeting them';

According to Labour statistics, by March 2021 there had been 1,450 "actioned complaints" against Labour party members in relation to allegations of antisemitism - equivalent to 0.29 percent of Labour's membership, which averaged 500,000 between 2015 and 2020, when Corbyn was leader.

By contrast, says JVL, there were at least 35 actioned complaints against Jewish members. This is equivalent to 1.4 percent of Jewish members, who the group estimate to have numbered around 2,500 during the same period. https://www.middleeasteye.net/news/uk-labour-antisemitism-accused-purging-jews-over-claims

"Although Starmer is so incompetent"

Took over a party that got massacred in the last election, by a clown, and has them 20% + ahead in the polls five weeks before an election

Under Corbyn, political experts were saying Labour would cease to exist in the near future- they are finished

Yep, a competent leader would have them at least 30% ahead by now...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2024, 9:35 AM

So, first Aspama Begum, then Diane Abbot, now Faiza Shaheen. Is this mere misogyny (from a Labour party who has never elected a female leader) or is it the usual racism (from a party that has never had a leader "of colour" and has anti-Semitism history)? This same question, of course, goes back some decades to the days of Neil Kinnock with the case of Martha Osamor back in the 1989 Vauxhall by-election.

It's factionalism although there is a race element. The Labour Party structures are controlled by the right. Even under Corbyn that was mostly the case and the Labour right is traditionally Zionist, whilst the membership is predominantly anti-Zionist. Sexism and traditional black/white racism plays no part. Many of the new candidates are black, some are even muslim, but they're not on the left, and they're not critical of Israel, which is what unites the three ladies you mentioned.

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st May 2024, 5:43 PM

"Although Starmer is so incompetent"

Took over a party that got massacred in the last election, by a clown, and has them 20% + ahead in the polls five weeks before an election

Under Corbyn, political experts were saying Labour would cease to exist in the near future- they are finished

Yep, a competent leader would have them at least 30% ahead by now...

Literally anyone could lead the Labour Party to victory at the next election. Even you could do it.

Starmer's personal approval rating is -31. He's just lucky enough to be driving the car when his opponent has spun off the track.

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st May 2024, 2:05 PM

And now she has been told she can stand.

Yet another Starmer u-turn

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 31st May 2024, 5:49 PM

Starmer's personal approval rating is -31. He's just lucky enough to be driving the car when his opponent has spun off the track.

It's not -31 !

We think polling have him +1 today

And Yougov have him -13

Not great, but Sunak is -46!!!

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2024, 6:11 PM

No

He said they had to wait for Labour's National Executive Committee to finish their enquiry

They have now

She can stand

She was the one who said she was "banned" , nobody else

She's stupid

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st May 2024, 6:14 PM

It's not -31 !

We think polling have him +1 today

And Yougov have him -13

Not great, but Sunak is -46!!!

No

He said they had to wait for Labour's National Executive Committee to finish they enquiry

They have

She can stand

She was the one who said she was "banned" nobody else

She's stupid

You don't appear to have the first idea what's going on. Impressive in a way.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2024, 6:11 PM

😆

I've stated facts

It's yourself that has posted inaccurate nonsense

For example- show me when Starmer was -31%

Redfield and Wilton had him +9% two days ago

So Mr Know it all , show me who said and when they said Starmer was -31%

Or do you want to admit you're talking bollocks?

I'll wait...

A mega poll of 10,000 people for GB NEWS today shows a 27% lead for Labour

A majority of 421 for Labour

18 cabinet ministers facing defeat

This will make Blair in 1997 look like a narrow squeak

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st May 2024, 2:05 PM

And now she has been told she can stand.

I bet she actually wants to retire but just wanted to shit stir and cause trouble - and now her bluff has been called

Actually she doesn't look at all well. Did you see the way her hand was shaking holding that microphone?

Yep

She just needs to retire