British Comedy Guide

General Election 2024 Page 6

So your fine with an ex Prime Minister sitting down for a chat with someone who thinks raping Jess Philips is funny?

Interesting...

Teenage Dad's Army bounce for the Tories

Westminster Voting Intention:

LAB: 47% (+3)
CON: 20% (-2)
RFM: 12% (+2)
LDM: 9% (=)
GRN: 7% (+1)
SNP: 3% (=)

Via @YouGov, 27-28 May.
Changes w/ 23-24 May.

Vote Tory!

For shit in your rivers and mould on your walls

"The BBC can reveal that cavity-wall insulation fitted under government-backed green energy schemes could have failed in hundreds of thousands of homes because it was not installed properly.

Single mum Zoe and her three children are now sleeping in one room, on mattresses on the floor. The other two bedrooms are uninhabitable, she says.
She says she has thrown all of their beds and wardrobes away because they were consumed by damp and mould. She shows me a photograph of her six-year-old daughter's baby doll, covered in black mould, which she had to bin."

Tory party Deputy Chairman Jonathan Gullis has been out on the campaign trail today - with a convicted heroin dealer

You can't make this shit up

🤣🤣🤣

You're getting excited about this aren't you Lofthouse.

So name names please.

Yasser Hussain, was jailed for eight years in 2006 after being found guilty of masterminding a drug gang in Stoke-on-Trent and beyond.

Cops seized 4kg of heroin with an estimated street value of £400,000 - and several others were jailed alongside him.

Quote: lofthouse @ 29th May 2024, 8:58 PM

Yasser Hussain, was jailed for eight years in 2006 after being found guilty of masterminding a drug gang in Stoke-on-Trent and beyond.

Well, he found himself at a bit of a loss when his England cricket captaincy came to an end.

🤣

Tory MP Mark Logan on the campaign trail today

For Labour!

Defection time again 🤣

So, first Aspama Begum, then Diane Abbot, now Faiza Shaheen. Is this mere misogyny (from a Labour party who has never elected a female leader) or is it the usual racism (from a party that has never had a leader "of colour" and has anti-Semitism history)? This same question, of course, goes back some decades to the days of Neil Kinnock with the case of Martha Osamor back in the 1989 Vauxhall by-election.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 31st May 2024, 9:35 AM

So, first Aspama Begum, then Diane Abbot, now Faiza Shaheen. Is this mere misogyny (from a Labour party who has never elected a female leader) or is it the usual racism (from a party that has never had a leader "of colour" and has anti-Semitism history)? This same question, of course, goes back some decades to the days of Neil Kinnock with the case of Martha Osamor back in the 1989 Vauxhall by-election.

No sexism. Just the aftermath of the unpleasant antisemitism of the Corbyn era which Starmer is successfully stamping out. The Abbott case isn't being handled terribly well though admittedly.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 31st May 2024, 9:53 AM

No sexism.

That's not what Ms Begum says.

Poplar and Limehouse MP Apsana Begum has revealed she has been signed off sick from work amid a "sustained campaign of misogynistic abuse".

The east London Labour MP said she had been targeted over her race and gender

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-61908875

Hmmm. Doesn't sound great admittedly. Hopefully will get sorted.

Abbott is a moron

I'm Labour and I wouldn't even vote for her if she was my MP

Absolute simpleton

Quote: lofthouse @ 31st May 2024, 10:46 AM

Abbott is a moron

I'm Labour and I wouldn't even vote for her if she was my MP

Absolute simpleton

And now she has been told she can stand.

I bet she actually wants to retire but just wanted to shit stir and cause trouble - and now her bluff has been called