British Comedy Guide

British Comedy Quiz Page 76

Quiz 308 from Kate Emmett, this time with the theme mythical beasts...

Question 1 eases us in nicely, can't imagine many people getting that wrong when you can see who it is!?
But then the next few questions rob me of my smug grin. Podcast, Masked Singer..? now I'm struggling... But then onto more familiar ground with questions 5 and 6, and then a question about one of my favourite Blackadder episodes at the end (possibly not one for Michael Monkhouse!)

Overall half marks for me, 5/10.
Correct: 1, 5, 6, 9, 10.

A good one!
8 out of 10 for me. Got questions 3 and 8 wrong.
Fluked the kids TV and League of Gentlemen ones. Nearly fluked The
Masked Singer one but changed my answer at the last minute

Not counting guesses & "flukes": 4/10. Numbers 1,5, 6 & 10 correct.

That was fun, despite only managing 6/10 and 1/5.

Got 1-3, 6, 9-10 & 15 correct. Now trying to guess what Kate's next animal quiz might be about 🐾

Let's just say it will be a lot closer to home...

Quote: Kate Emmett @ 29th May 2024, 11:11 AM

Let's just say it will be a lot closer to home...

I shan't speculate on here because I like the surprise, but I can think of a few possibles.

Four and to my horror, I got the Blackadder one right and not the Boosh one - but in my defence, it was a guess. Don't ever do that to me again.
Keep them coming, as my mother says.

6/10, should be back to doing them on Quiz day now I have a new broadbean service that seems to be holding up better than the last one, although I've only had it for two hours.

Quiz 309 from Niki Walton, and 6/10 for me.

Nice to see a question about Clockwise, one of those films that tends to be on telly every couple of years on a bank holiday or something, and I end up watching for the umpteenth time! I didn't know for sure the year it was first shown in cinemas, but could make an educated guess.

Good questions Niki. (Although I've got the f**ken Bottle Boys theme song stuck in my head now..!)

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7.

I agree. Good fun!
6 out of 10 for me too.
1, 3, 4, 6, 7 and 9.
Enjoyed Clockwise question too!

Great that these are still going.
Got my usual crappy score which means f**k all as the only ones I knew were the Blackf**kingadder and Python ones. I can howevere defend my Crapadder sucksess as the only reason I remember is cos I know someone else who thinks it's criminally overrated and he told me about it as a windup.

4/10 this week, should have done better with the older subjects in there but there you are.

4/10. Numbers 1, 3, 7 (an "educated guess") & 9.

My answer for #4 was actually the second most regular - just one behind - so not too embarrassingly wrong.

Thank you everyone for your comments - glad to see the Clockwise question had a positive response, I'd drafted that into a previous quiz but then took it out for balance. I always think it's overlooked somewhat due to the massive success of A Fish Called Wanda.

I'm currently busy with lastminute quizzing tasks for the day job so have just popped in here briefly over lunch.

Quiz 310 from Hercules!

I forgot to write down which ones I got right/wrong this time.. some were guesses, but I definitely knew the first two, and should've got the Porridge one but misremembered it.

Wasn't familiar with Eyes Down, but from the picture it shows in the results, I see a few familiar faces, including the bloke who played Jeff in Peep Show and was in a couple of episodes of The Office (looked up his name on imdb: Neil Fitzmaurice).

Good stuff. I got 5/10 including a couple of guesses.