British Comedy Guide

Mammoth Page 2

I liked the "subtle" weight lifting with one hand when he was trying to pull the single mums

I really enjoyed this. Very silly and enjoyable. Great casting tops it off.

Watched all 3 episodes, and found it likeable enough. Not sure how much more mileage there is in the concept if they're planning any more episodes though.
It didn't dawn on me for a while that Roger was played by the guy who played Geoffrey the Butler in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air!

I'm struggling.................thank heavens there's only one more episode, which is a pity as I thought it had legs

Sorry one trick pony. This, like the most other things in Wales, is stuck in the slow lane!

Good to see good comedy disguised as making fun of PC.

I'd be very happy to see more Mammoth. Seeing more of his attempt to get to grips with the modern world and how pop culture and social mores have changed feels a great route for genuinely interesting satire.

Yet to catch up on Ep3 but thought ep2 was a bit chaotic. I'm fairly convinced it was intended as a 6 ep series but the Beeb would only give 3, leading to rushed narratives in both eps 1 and 2 but especially 2.

It was written as though they knew there'd be no second series so they stuffed it all into a half sized one. Or it could just have been loose and clumsy scripting but the character and his creator were genuine comedy finds imoo.

Really pleased to see this has got a second series.

Really..........😏 OK, I'll give it a second chance, but it needs to improve a helluva lot for me to stick with it

Still need to watch this! The recommission news reminded me.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 19th May 2024, 10:52 AM

Yet to catch up on Ep3 but thought ep2 was a bit chaotic. I'm fairly convinced it was intended as a 6 ep series but the Beeb would only give 3, leading to rushed narratives in both eps 1 and 2 but especially 2.

It was written as though they knew there'd be no second series so they stuffed it all into a half sized one. Or it could just have been loose and clumsy scripting but the character and his creator were genuine comedy finds imoo.

Yep, and that means the whole surprise/fish out of water aspect has been done now - Mammoth has already become familiar with how much the world has changed, and the character adjusted to the modern world rather quickly and easily... So I don't see how a second series can do much else with that dynamic, unless they approach it from another angle.