British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,787

Definitely Tarby has now been suspended for a minimum three month period.

Anyone else engaging in similar conduct from this point forward will have the same. Disagreement is absolutely fine, but the kind of visceral name-calling arguments exhibited over the last couple of pages are unacceptable. The other few of you involved have sailed very close to the edge at times, so are advised to be mindful of your conduct in future.

He left me a nice PM entitled 'You F**** C***

Snitch! 😋

King Charles new portrait looks LITERALLY demonic

Absolute stuff of nightmares

Quote: lofthouse @ 14th May 2024, 9:19 PM

King Charles new portrait looks LITERALLY demonic

Absolute stuff of nightmares

It's a rather strange idea to have his body blending into the background like that. It reminds me of Han Solo trapped in carbonite in The Empire Strikes Back...

I like it. Bit different and not a run of the mill Royalty portrait, though the tunic maybe blended in a bit too much with the background.

I understand that Charles asked him to paint the butterfly hovering over his right shoulder to symbolise his green credentials.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th May 2024, 8:29 PM

He left me a nice PM entitled 'You F**** C***

He was only saying what we were all thinking...................

I know. And I have sacked that sneaky plumber.

Sunak gave a speech the other day proclaiming the country and its citizens will only be safe in years to come under the tories

Hmm

"High-risk offenders including a domestic abuser who posed a risk to children have been freed from jail under the government's early release scheme, a watchdog has revealed.

Charlie Taylor, the chief inspector of prisons, said the Ministry of Justice's plan to relieve the pressure in overcrowded jails raised "serious concerns" and had undermined safety and risk management.

The disclosure comes amid accusations that the justice secretary, Alex Chalk, has broken a pledge that the scheme would only apply to "low-level offenders".

In a report published on Tuesday, Taylor said a "high-risk" inmate at HMP Lewes who posed a danger to children had his release date brought forward despite "having a history of stalking, domestic abuse and being subject to a restraining order".

Another high-risk prisoner with significant class A drug use issues and a recent history of suicidal thoughts and self-harm was released from the segregation unit into homelessness, despite appeals for the decision to be reversed and staff having serious concerns for his and the public's safety."

Another genius scheme by the 'party of law and order'

Yay "the plan" is working!

"Rishi Sunak and his wife Akshata Murty's personal fortune has increased by more than £120million over the past year.

The couple overtook King Charles as their wealth jumped from £529million last year to £651million."

I'm sure that's how capitalism works. You start a company, take risks, work hard and sink or swim.
Everyone is free to try it.

What , even scrounging disabled people and smelly homeless people ??

Cool!

I'll pop down to my local food bank and tell them the good news

I've met disabled and smelly people running successful businesses.

In other news Jeremy Hunt (shudderrrr) gave a speech today about Labour's intentions of raising everyone's taxes if they win

That's Jeremy Hunt, chancellor of the party that has given us the highest tax burden in EIGHTY YEARS

"biggest tax raising parliament in modern times" according to IFS

They really do take the British people for mugs...

I see Braverman tried to get some students mad.The silence was deafening.Too clever for her.

Yeah they weren't gonna waste their breath on her and that gb news lacky

Well now that we are pretty much used to the water companies dumping human shit in our rivers - do we now need to get used to them polluting our tap water with cryptosporidium parasites?

It's like living in f**king Calcutta

Of course, the bosses who should be carrying the can for this will still get multi million pound bonuses this year

Personally i would drown the bastards