British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 6,172

Sorry. It was to do with Emmerdale.

Oh shame, I wanted some gossip.

Quote: zooo @ 18th October 2023, 6:09 PM

:D
Chappers, did you mean to include a link or something??

Chappers doesn't do links...........or pictures, or........... It's a wonder he knows how to switch on his device. 😁

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th October 2023, 11:43 PM

Chappers doesn't do links...........or pictures, or........... It's a wonder he knows how to switch on his device. 😁

No but I didn't need to.

It's getting a bit floody around here. Storm Babet is doing her thing.

Same here.
Planning a route to the shops as we speak to avoid the worst bits.

i had to go to three places today and at the end even my teeth were wet. Still I got my 15000 steps in and I've had nice bath and now I'm in my nice warm Pjs planning to watch My man Godfrey as I do like a matinee.
We are supposed to be going out for tea but I can't see it to be honest as the rain is still biblical so it could be a Just Eat job as I don't fancy getting wet again.

Has been slightly inclement here in the East, and it has actually stopped now, but many parts of Suffolk are now not reachable by road - 2 deaths

Got in my car yesterday morning and the screen started dinging as soon as I put my key in.
'Zero pressure front nearside tyre.'
I looked and it had a big rip in it. No idea how that happened.
Looked in the boot for the spare wheel, uh oh, just a pump-up kit.
It's a top of the range car but no spare wheel??

Luckily, I am with Green Flag and their app for the phone is brilliant.
Clicked on the HELP button and a map came up showing where I was and where the mechanic was.
Within an hour I had been picked up, taken to the tyre shop and a new one fitted.
Now to find a spare wheel at the car breakers...

Yes, cost and weight is something to do with this no spare wheel crap - I have a Mickey Mouse wheel in the boot of my car, but wish they didn't do that. We need a proper spare wheel!!!!!!

As for Green Flag - I have only just told them to stuff their service as their charges just kept going up and up, despite my only having used them once in 10 years - as I said to them, so much for f**king loyalty; AND that one time I used them (change a wheel) the independent breakdown man in a van (did not actually work for GF) tried to persuade me to let him take the wheel to a "mate of his", which smacked of a bit of extra dosh on the side, to me.

F**k 'em - I'm with the RAC now.

My Vehicle Recovery service comes with my Bank Account charges. These charges are not extortionate and I've never had problems.

Bank account charges? What are they? I've had free banking for many a year.

It's a bit of a scam by the big banks really these days.
I've had charges for 30 years for every transaction.
Perhaps there used to be some work involved in moving credits and debits about but now it's completely automated.

Frantically packing before my Uber arrives to take me to the airport; heading to Seattle to visit my son and his wife. Ugly 2.75-hour layover at LAX, where a beer costs $18 with a mandatory 18% gratuity on top - makes the $9 inflight can of beer seem like a bargain.

I've saved a fortune since becoming teetotal/in recovery but am now eating my weight in chocolate and last week I discovered the limited edition white chocolate Toffeefee in the supermarket so have to resist buying any more than one at a time. I'm trying to lose weight but my sugar cravings say otherwise. It's nice going to the pub for a few hours, playing the jukebox and quiz machine and leaving after spending only £3. I lapsed a few months ago when I bought a pint of beer and almost fainted when the barman asked for £4.80. I thought he had made a mistake and it took a few seconds for me to realise because I was so used to paying £1.10 for a coke.