British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

British Comedy Quiz Page 57

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 27th September 2023, 11:42 AM

Blimey, what a madcap set of questions!

Thanks JJ, love that description 😁

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 27th September 2023, 11:20 AM

A legitimate question anyway.

Of course it is to you, just because you happened to know anyway, but knowing people's birthdays is not general knowledge ( especially if one is not in the world of comedy), which is what I'm trying to point out - wouldn't be allowed on Only Connect if the people were from two totally different worlds.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th September 2023, 4:25 PM

Of course it is to you, just because you happened to know anyway, but knowing people's birthdays is not general knowledge ( especially if one is not in the world of comedy), which is what I'm trying to point out - wouldn't be allowed on Only Connect if the people were from two totally different worlds.

I didn't know anyway. I just knew the years. A bit weird I knew that. But obscure knowledge helps in quizzes some times.

I got that one as well, oddly because I knew those two were both Aries. Reveals some of the far out magazines I read. 7/10. Didn't know Bren in Dinnerladies had a daughter so learned something new which is always good.

Quiz 274 by Kate Emmett, I got a respectable 7/10.
Good quiz! The first half seemed pretty easy to me, then it fell away a bit, Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8.
Disappointed with myself for getting the Black Books question wrong!

5 and 1. Couldn't spot the theme though.
Who's gonna get the pussy joke outa the way?
Good quiz. This might be a way to Spice Up the tradition, having a running topic.

Quote: a plate @ 4th October 2023, 1:31 AM

The first half seemed pretty easy to me, then it fell away a bit

Same arse.

4/10 First 4 correct then nothing. Yes themed quizzes are quite fun, still think single subject ones are the cat's whiskers though.

Quiz 274

6/10, which happens to be the first 6 too (!), then nowt, apart from 2/5, which overall I'm quite happy with.

And nice idea of a themed quiz!!

7/10 and 2/5 for me. Great quiz Kate Emmett, good mix of question subjects.

I correctly answered 1-4, 6, 8-9, 12-13. One or two of the ones I got wrong were ones I should have known.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 4th October 2023, 8:07 AM

4/10 First 4 correct then nothing. Yes themed quizzes are quite fun, still think single subject ones are the cat's whiskers though.

You mean the cat's pyjamas.

Hello folks, I scored 6 out of 10 today on the regular questions, I was grining like a Cheshire Cat at my score🤣

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q7 [a guess] , Q9.
I incorrectly answered: Q5, Q6, Q8, Q10.

See you all next week.

Numbers 1, 3, 4 & 6 correct.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 4th October 2023, 6:21 PM

Numbers 1, 3, 4 & 6 correct.

Oh, you don't watch Red Dwarf?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th October 2023, 11:17 PM

Oh, you don't watch Red Dwarf?

Much like Evelyn Blunt of old.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th October 2023, 9:27 AM

Much like Evelyn Blunt of old.

Ahh, so you did actually try it once.