British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

British Comedy Quiz Page 53

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th August 2023, 11:00 AM

You'll be able to see him live at your local theatre on 11 October. Along with Freddie "Parrot Face" Davies:

Ta, but with a long term sick wife I don't think I'll be able to make it...........we'll see

Quiz 269: I got 8/10. A few quite easy ones, and a couple of 'what seems the most likely here?' guesses.
I quite like Rhod Gilbert but I don't even remember 'Ask Rhod Gilbert' as a programme!
Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10.

Good quiz!
I got 9 out of 10. Got Q8 wrong.

6/10 and 2/5, and most were educated guesses as I'd not heard of some of them!!

And remarkably (as I've remarked on here - I do not listen to them) I got the podcast one right as a pure guess

6/10 for me too.

I definitely knew numbers 1 & 4, vaguely knew (somehow) 2, 5 & 6 and "educationally" guessed # 7 from three possible remaining options.

Didn't get 3, 8, 9 or 10.

A good mix of questions in today's quiz, pleased with my 9/10 and 3/5. Like a plate, there were a few educated guesses in my answers.

Correctly answered 1-9, 11, 13 & 15.

I sometimes get the feeling I'm too old for this lark (answering them, that is) 😟

Knew the first one as my exes the Spice Girls were on. The rest were all guesses.
I was actually in F**klights, Cumbridge. I did my stand-up debut there. I was total and utter f**king shit.

Hello everyone, I scored 7 out of 10 on the regular questions today.

I correctly scored: Q1, Q3, Q4, Q5, Q6, Q7, Q8.
I incorrectly scored: Q2, Q9, Q10.

See you all next week.

Quiz 270 by that fellow Hercules: 6/10 for me, so not too bad. Seen Men Behaving Badly a lot, it was a struggle to remember the pub name, but I got it right. Norman Wisdom one was a lucky guess. For some reason, I misremembered the children on Butterflies, but thought "of course!" when it showed the picture afterwards.

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9

I also got 6.
I basically got every question I attempted to guess wrong. I.e. Men Behaving Badly, The Royle Family, Norman Wisdom and Curry and Chips. I knew all the others.
Good quiz! Clearly had fun devising The Royle Family one!

Quote: a plate @ 6th September 2023, 2:02 AM

Quiz 270 by that fellow Hercules: 6/10 for me, so not too bad. Seen Men Behaving Badly a lot, it was a struggle to remember the pub name, but I got it right. Norman Wisdom one was a lucky guess. For some reason, I misremembered the children on Butterflies, but thought "of course!" when it showed the picture afterwards.

Correct: 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 9

Well, done! Yes, the pub features a lot, but unless you're paying attention it's not the sort of thing that sinks in. For example, do you remember the name of the original sloppy, fat landlord, OR the name of the landlord who took the pub over, played by John Thomson? 😁

The Norman Wisdom one you either knew or didn't (if that makes sense), but I've always got a laugh out their duet.

And shame on you for not remembering the children in Butterflies, as I thought that was the easiest question. 😎

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 6th September 2023, 6:04 AM

I also got 6.
I basically got every question I attempted to guess wrong. I.e. Men Behaving Badly, The Royle Family, Norman Wisdom and Curry and Chips. I knew all the others.
Good quiz! Clearly had fun devising The Royle Family one!

Thank you Chris 😊

7/10. Didn't get numbers 3, 5 or 7.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 6th September 2023, 8:34 AM

7/10. Didn't get numbers 3, 5 or 7.

Well done 🙂 There was one that would have tested your early comedy knowledge (you got the Norman Wisdom one 😁, but Mark had moved it to No. 15. I'll tell you later after the dust has settled on this quiz if you like, and anyone else like to know what the other 5 were?

5/15. One lucky guess and one (the Goodies) I thought I knew but actually got wrong.