British Comedy Guide

Poker in the rear! Page 6

I just won a big Hold em bounty hunter on poker stars.
6 hours of graft, the heads up lasted more than an hour alone.
Over 1200 started.
2000 starting chips and I was down to 450 chips at one point.
The crazy Russians were responsible for a lot of my bounties.
At one point, I flopped the absolute nuts and 3 Ruskies were trying to knock me off my hand
I took 2 out with quad aces and the other next hand.

Wha' the f**k are you talkin' about bro?

Simply put, you can flop the absolute nuts or just the nuts at that time. The street might change the nuts and the river too, letting a donk or a fish get there.
If the first three are rags or a rainbow nobody is getting the nuts but there's always a chance of a backdoor.
If not, you just muck yourself.
Hope that cleared it up.

Clear as muck

Re-arrange into a well-known phrase or saying...

Goodlad's been hacked.

This must rank as one of the best BCG thread titles ever. Well done. Lee.

Victoria Coren Mitchell would understood every word.
Her rake is enormous especially as she often gets past the bubble.
There is video of her doing a heads up, it's had millions of views.
She also does some Omaha I've heard but never seen that.
Me being a stud man, I would pok-er

Yes I get the references
Well most of them

How much did you win ?

I'm not going to say but there was £6.5 thousand in the win pot and the same in the bounty pot.
The top 130 were paid but it was only a tenner until 50 were left.
I got £800 in bounties alone.

I know every word , well done Ste you could be the new Devilfish.

I never win much

I did it again last night. But this time I was the lowest stack for most of the game.
I managed to get past the bubble by keeping my head down and eventually on to the final table.
My best hope was to ladder up by others fighting it out, which is exactly what happened.
Suddenly I was in 3rd of 3 and finally began to run good.
The irony of this (for poker players) is, I had not taken a single bounty.
The heads-up was over in 5 minutes with me winning and taking my only bounty - and first prize of course.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th October 2022, 8:10 PM

I just won a big Hold em bounty hunter on poker stars.
6 hours of graft, the heads up lasted more than an hour alone.
Over 1200 started.
2000 starting chips and I was down to 450 chips at one point.
The crazy Russians were responsible for a lot of my bounties.
At one point, I flopped the absolute nuts and 3 Ruskies were trying to knock me off my hand
I took 2 out with quad aces and the other next hand.

I had an interesting experience with the game recently. By keeping a low profile, I managed to navigate through the challenges, reaching the final table. My strategy was to let others battle it out, and surprisingly, that's exactly what unfolded. Finding myself in the third spot initially, luck seemed to be on my side as the game progressed. It's quite ironic, considering my lack of involvement in bounties as a poker player. The heads-up round was swift, with me clinching victory and securing my first and only bounty, along with the top prize. If you're curious about my gameplay, you can check out the details at https://www.vpesports.com/betting/bc-game. It was a thrilling journey overall!

ahahahaha sounds funny.

That's a new one. Add the link to someone else's quote and then reply to it.

I play 8 Game and Horse tournaments and micro stake cash games sometimes but don't go on Pokerstars much these days. Not since I was on the final table of a tournament which was mostly made up of players from the same country and it was disgraceful how they all forced me out by folding on every hand I was in. It was so blatant and there is way too much collusion on that site. It's also far from random because 4 of a kind is a very rare hand to see and one pops up in almost every tournament I play in. In real life the odds of 4 of a kind appearing with that much frequency would be astronomical.

My brother met Dave Ulliott who was staying at the same Vegas hotel and said they had a good chat. Love him or hate him Devilfish was always worth watching unlike the humourless Phil Hellmuth.