British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

British Comedy Quiz Page 51

You may be right. I seem to remember reading it in The Rough Guide To Comedy, but I'm sure you know more than me about these things.
Incidentally, I got the Spice question wrong. Oh, the shame.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th August 2023, 12:15 PM

You may be right. I seem to remember reading it in The Rough Guide To Comedy, but I'm sure you know more than me about these things.
Incidentally, I got the Spice question wrong. Oh, the shame.

😂

Quote: JJlovescomedy @ 9th August 2023, 2:09 PM

Hello folks!

I scored 8 out of 10 on the regular questions today, strong mixture of questions Niki.....

Cool, thanks for the feedback JJ :)

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th August 2023, 8:40 PM

Now that it's back available again, I can confirm that I only knew (as opposed to randomly guessing) numbers 1, 3 & 7.

Thanks Billy, hope you were lucky with the guesses too.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 10th August 2023, 8:01 AM

5 but none of them were guesses this time. Good to see The Young Ones and The Comic Strip in there.
Today's Interesting Fact Not About The Spice Girls
The Bullshitters was the only Comic Strip episode omitted from the box set, because Keith Allen was against the idea.

Thanks Michael, that was my understanding re The Bullshitters too, but I've seen it broadcast in the manner of the Comic Strip, ie in series alongside other CS episodes, so I originally referred to it as a 'sometime Comic Strip episode'. It's funny, which is the most important thing.

The Comic Strip was a bit of a mixed bag. The Alexei Sayle episode was a gem, though.
It's funny (not in that sense), but even though I'm a Young Ones admirer, I'm not a huge fan of their other stuff, except Happy Families, which is the one no one else knows. Catflap is shoddy and don't get me started on Bottoms (or take that sentence out of context).
Anyway, great quiz. I must still have that Young Ones book in the attic, alongside my Just William books, New Order vinyl and mother.

You could put him and Rik Mayall in anything and they'll brighten the thing up, seen very few things with either in that isn't watchable. Got 6/10 and got the Spice Girls one correct Michael. And I only know one of their songs.

Like Ian Curtis, I hang my head.
Got the Fawlty Towers one wrong, too. I'm losing it.

Quiz 267: I got 8/10, so this set of questions suited me pretty well.

Correct answers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9.

A couple of those were lucky guesses, Question 1 (the year of a Wallace and Gromit film), and Question 7 (the character Rob Brydon plays in the Barbie film)

I got 6!
4, 7, 9 and 10 wrong.
Great quiz!

Numbers 2, 3 & 9 correct.

Number 1 correctly guessed.

No idea of any of the others.

Good quiz today, managed to do well with a little thought and got 9/10 and 3/5.

Got 1-6, 8-12 & 15 correct.

Good morning everyone, a very broad mixture of questions today.

I scored 6 out of 10 on the regular questions.

I correctly answered: Q1, Q2, Q3, Q4, Q7, Q10.
I incorrectly answered: Q5, Q6, Q8, Q9.

See you all next week!

Got 8/10 and had one of my already submitted Qs knocked out, not exactly the same but too similar, I have some in reserve so not a prob. Also realising that doing the research for Qs as a quiz setter is a big help when doing someone else's quiz, there were a couple there I wouldn't've known if I hadn't researched for ideas for my quizzes.

4/10 but mainly guesses. I knew Lesbian Patters and Heil Honey was a miseducated guess.

Heil Honey was my nobbled Q 😒My favourite banned sitcom of all time. I'll just have to think of another naughty one. 🙂

Yes, a sitcom about a Nazi dictator, fascist and genocide propagator. What could possibly go wrong?