British Comedy Guide

House of Games Page 20

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2023, 3:01 PM

I thought great Adrian Edmondson on this week. I started to watch and saw that screechy woman was on. I couldn't put myself through that again so regrettably I can't watch it this week.

What I can't figure out is what she is doing on there, as it is a "gold" week for previous winners, and I can't see her winning anything with her dozy attitude.............and weird voice.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th July 2023, 11:03 PM

What I can't figure out is what she is doing on there, as it is a "gold" week for previous winners, and I can't see her winning anything with her dozy attitude.............and weird voice.

IIRC she only won one episode of the previous series she was on! That's all it takes, you don't need to win the whole week to be considered eligible for the 'gold' thing.

I enjoyed Kemah on HoG, I think she had some funny moments and seemed likeable in an eccentric sort of way. (Though I remember seeing some of her stand-up on telly once and being surprised at how rude it was!)

The dynamic between Adrian Edmundson and Beattie was fun as well.

Kemah is hilarious

I fkn adore her

Now she's out of the way maybe I can get back to watching this.

Josie Long ❤️

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th July 2023, 6:03 PM

Josie Long ❤️

It wasn't you was it?

I just read this after viewers complained about Sara Barron (who I didn't find annoying at all).

"Just last week, viewers threatened to boycott the show in response to comedian Kemah Bob being featured.

For some reason comedian Kemah seemed to get on some viewers' nerves because they didn't know who she was.

Taking to Twitter, one person penned: "I love House of Games, but I do not love Kemah Bob's voice. Not sure I can watch the rest of the week."

Echoing their comments, someone else said: "House of Games is a top show, but I cannot stand listening to Kemah Bob. So annoying. Who even is she?"

So I wasn't alone!

Why are all the bloody questions about TV dramas and TV sitcoms bloody American?

I don't watch bloody American dramas or sitcoms!

It's back....

I think Kemah's voice is really cute, like a little cartoon character.
Also, if you just listen to what's someone's saying, instead of getting apoplectic that there's something different about their voice, you don't even notice it after a while.

Talking of annoying voices...

Joe Pasquale was on tonight !

Quote: zooo @ 28th August 2023, 6:20 PM

I think Kemah's voice is really cute, like a little cartoon character.
Also, if you just listen to what's someone's saying, instead of getting apoplectic that there's something different about their voice, you don't even notice it after a while.

I'm sorry but she just hurts my ears - but hopefully we've heard the last of her.

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th August 2023, 6:02 PM

It's back....

A repeat, unfortunately! Wish they'd do some new ones.

On BBC2 at 6pm??

I don't mean on Dave

It was new to me 🧐

Quote: a plate @ 28th August 2023, 8:43 PM

A repeat, unfortunately! Wish they'd do some new ones.

I don't remember this one.