British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 6,164

Very good.
I had a £150 last month.
But rockall this.

I sold all mine

You can get decent interest on easy access accounts now - over 4%

That's guaranteed every month - not just if your lucky, with PB's!

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th July 2023, 4:54 PM

I sold all mine

That's guaranteed every month - not just if your lucky, with PB's!

It's getting harder to justify.
But you know full well that if you'd kept it in one more month....

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th July 2023, 4:54 PM

I have both, so am not concerned.........................and you never know, though I have written to Ernie a number of times, but he never replies. I expect he is very busy, especially the first two weeks each month.

With a worryingly "big" birthday fast approaching, I've just had to re-apply for my driving licence for the first time since I passed my driving test aged 18.

I've never had a photo licence so assumed I would have to mess about at a photo booth or, worse, try to take my own photo on-line. But, no. It turns out that the DVLA computer talks to the Passport Office computer and they are going to use my passport photo. Who would've thought it?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th July 2023, 7:44 PM

With a worryingly "big" birthday fast approaching, I've just had to re-apply for my driving licence for the first time since I passed my driving test aged 18.

I've never had a photo licence so assumed I would have to mess about at a photo booth or, worse, try to take my own photo on-line. But, no. It turns out that the DVLA computer talks to the Passport Office computer and they are going to use my passport photo. Who would've thought it?

Me!

I came across a car accident yesterday.
Just before the police and fire brigade closed the road.
It didn't seem too serious - a fender bender as the Yanks call them.
Someone had run into the back of someone else.

But, one of those cars was an EV and it was sparking like hell. Big flashes and showers of ultra-bright white sparks landing everywhere.

You sure they hadn't crashed into a Roman Candle?

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th July 2023, 9:35 AM

Slightly better this morning.
She's eating - which is a good sign.
Which also means she's getting her meds down her.
And her little friend (another Shetland) seems less concerned about her mate - she was frantic yesterday.
We're all hoping she's dodged a bullet (well, an injection, technically).
But thanks all for your concern.

That's good news
Was very sad to hear what those mindless thugs did

She's doing well.
Now it's my turn to feel the pain...

Oh that reminds me The Yorkshire Vet is on soon!

Quote: lofthouse @ 21st July 2023, 1:22 PM

Oh that reminds me The Yorkshire Vet is on soon!

My wife's favourite programme

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st July 2023, 2:44 PM

My wife's favourite programme

Mine too and I'm going to visit the James Herriot museum later this year when the weather is cooler. I'd love to meet Peter Wright he seems such a nice chap and Mr and Mrs Green are always a highlight of any episode they are in. Mr Green is 94 years young and still tends to his animals every day but it was sad to see them having to sell their dairy cows because they were too old to manage them anymore. I got a bit emotional during the episode where they renewed their wedding vows with Mr Green in his sharp suit and carefully combed hair.

I've read a few of the James Herriot books and his writing style makes them a joy to read.

Meeting a couple of people from Hat Trick for a coffee early August - let's see if something comes of it (apart from having a nice chat)

Quote: beaky @ 22nd July 2023, 8:39 AM

Meeting a couple of people from Hat Trick for a coffee early August - let's see if something comes of it (apart from having a nice chat)

Good luck.
And well done for getting a TV Exec out in August.