British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,271

Quote: chipolata @ 9th July 2023, 12:16 PM

You're hard work, Herc.

😆 Talk about kettle/pot.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 9th July 2023, 12:25 PM

😆 Talk about kettle/pot.

Save it for The All In One Consolidated Kettle/Pot Thread. :)

The Thick of it - The Inquiry

Malcolm Tucker, lying and lying and lying through his back teeth to a government inquiry - then accusing the head of the inquiry of being prejudiced and not impartial

Hmmm...

🧐

Watched Stan & Ollie again last night.
A very touching & well-made film.
Coogan and Reilly do a fantastic job of capturing 'the boys', IMHO.

I thought Coogan was spot on

Not sure about the other chap...

Quote: lofthouse @ 10th July 2023, 10:56 AM

I thought Coogan was spot on

Not sure about the other chap...

Really?
I agree vocally he wasn't as spot on as coogan - who is an impressionist, after all.
But I thought he had the 'feel' of him - especially the older version.
Great make-up job too.

I thought they both did a great job of bringing Stan & Ollie alive

On BBC4, "Fred Dibnah - Steeplejack" narrated by none other than the wonderful Deryck Guyler - the documentary from 1979 when he was discovered and then had his own TV series. I don't think it has been repeated for yonks, so it was a welcome return for me, as it always amused me when the chimney finally came down and he warned everyone with his pathetic car horn. 😆

"Did yer like that?"

His shows are repeated on Yesterday, in the afternoons quite a lot

Yes, I quite often watch them, though I do have lots on DVD I burned over the years - that original first "discovery" episode on the Beeb was a real treat though.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th July 2023, 12:48 AM

Yes, I quite often watch them, though I do have lots on DVD I burned over the years - that original first "discovery" episode on the Beeb was a real treat though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uNWOHrB1fI

I record every episode of Fred Dibnah I see listed hoping to capture something not available on DVD that I can burn to my own copy. I need to go through them because there's a few duplicate episodes to delete and I need the disk space. The footage of him climbing a chimney and single handily erecting a platform never ceases to amaze me. Not many people could do what he did. He would have a few pints before going up on demolition jobs and there was no toilet up there of course so.....

My mum and dad used to live across the road from him!

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th July 2023, 1:54 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9uNWOHrB1fI

Thank you for that 🙂

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th June 2023, 11:33 AM

That's the one yeah

I've never even heard of that Mostel dude , he was brilliant!

Wow turns out that Mostel dude was the voice of the seagull in Watership Down