British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,609

To be fair I spend most of my day avoiding doing my job. It's the British way.

You can't trust a special like the old time coppers...

Quote: chipolata @ 3rd July 2023, 4:07 PM

To be fair I spend most of my day avoiding doing my job. It's the British way.

No wonder there's so much litter in the gutters, these days..............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 3rd July 2023, 4:47 PM

No wonder there's so much litter in the gutters, these days..............

Not bad, Herc. ;)

There are what they call auditors on Youtube. (quite a few now - and growing)
The auditor part means they go to Police stations with a camera and film any interactions.
Before they do any of this, they study the law and section numbers so they can defend themselves when clueless bobby's try to arrest them.

It can be quite entertaining and it soon becomes apparent that most of the policemen and women do not know the law regarding photography in a public place.
The police often get violent -assaulting the auditors and wrongly using the terrorism act to arrest them.
Type auditor into youtube search and you will find them.

So it seems Farage isn't being forced out of the country by rabid remoaners- he just doesn't have enough cash anymore!

Nigel Farage fell below the financial threshold required to hold an account at Coutts, the prestigious private bank for the wealthy, the BBC has been told.

It is understood that he was subsequently offered a standard account at NatWest which owns Coutts.

Last week, Mr Farage said he believed his account is being shut for political reasons and he was turned down by seven other lenders when he went elsewhere.

But people familiar with Coutts' move said it was a "commercial" decision.

"The criteria for holding a Coutts account are clear from the bank's website," they told the BBC.

Coutts requires its customers to borrow or invest at least £1m with the bank or hold £3m in savings.

It's done what he wanted - kept him in the headlines.
He's probably about to launch a new gin or something.
I love he fact that he constantly threatens to leave the country.
No-one's stopping him.

Poor Nigel.

Quote: lofthouse @ 4th July 2023, 2:25 PM

"The criteria for holding a Coutts account are clear from the bank's website," they told the BBC.

Coutts requires its customers to borrow or invest at least £1m with the bank or hold £3m in savings.

Well, they didn't accept my application, even though I qualified with those holdings, don't yer know. 🧐

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th July 2023, 3:38 PM

Well, they didn't accept my application, even though I qualified with those holdings, don't yer know. 🧐

Invest it in the BCG.

Quote: chipolata @ 4th July 2023, 3:44 PM

Invest it in the BCG.

I do have a "Supporter" epithet under my avatar - where's yours? 🙄

Despite years and years of tory governments trying to beat it to death - the NHS is 75 years old today

Be lucky to make it to 100 ...

Quote: lofthouse @ 5th July 2023, 11:18 AM

Despite years and years of tory governments trying to beat it to death - the NHS is 75 years old today

Be lucky to make it to 100 ...

I'm older than the NHS.

There was no NHS when I was a young kid. So I didn't get any spectacles for my poor eyesight until I was over 7 years old. Too late for my left eye!.

There were small groups in EBBW VALE, subscribing to a fund, which was used to pay for medicines etc for any member, a sort of mini NHS.

Quote: billwill @ 5th July 2023, 11:58 PM

I'm older than the NHS.

There was no NHS when I was a young kid. So I didn't get any spectacles for my poor eyesight until I was over 7 years old. Too late for my left eye!.

Snap! And I have a near useless left eye 😥

Anything with the word left is generally useless. :)