British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,607

Yes, if only Labour had been in power for 13 years or so subsequent to the privatisation. Then they could have done something about it.

Yep piss billions more up the wall reversing someone else's screw up

That's the only defence this government has now for any it's dozens of failings - it's Labours fault

You can't defend the indefensible, so you just point fingers at someone else

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th June 2023, 6:02 PM

That's the only defence this government has now for any it's dozens of failings - it's Labours fault

You can't defend the indefensible, so you just point fingers at someone else

I'm not defending it at all. On the contrary:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 11th June 2023, 10:23 AM

Well, here's a few off the top of my head:

Re-nationalise the railways and the utilities;

I'm just pointing out that labour are complicit in allowing the situation to continue when they had the opportunity to address it if they had so desired (which clearly they didn't). So let's stop pretending that a future Labour government is going to change the world, be sleaze-free and be the answer to all our woes. If there was any chance of that I'd vote for them be assured.

Privatisation is very hard to reverse.
And very expensive.
I genuinely think this incarnation of Labour would reverse it if they could - and will make some moves in that direction.
Blair's Labour was a different kettle of fish.

Nigel Farage has had his bank accounts closed - with no reason given.
Not only that, all the other banks have refused to open an account with him.
He now has no way to send and receive payments, no debit card or credit cards.

That is scary.

Let's be honest, he's either done something heinous which means no bank can risk opening an account with him, or he's bullshitting and playing the victim. Probably the second one.

I've had bookmakers' accounts closed. But I take that as a badge of honour.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th June 2023, 8:40 AM

I've had bookmakers' accounts closed. But I take that as a badge of honour.

😆

Now he's had a hand in making Britain even shitter, Nigel probably wants to leave and is concocting an elaborate excuse for when he eventually buggers off somewhere nicer.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th June 2023, 7:45 AM

Nigel Farage has had his bank accounts closed - with no reason given.
Not only that, all the other banks have refused to open an account with him.
He now has no way to send and receive payments, no debit card or credit cards.

That is scary.

Let's be honest, banks rarely occupy the moral high ground - so I don't think it's that.
They're businesses that's all.
Whether it's just the faintest whiff of money laundering or that they feel he's too toxic for their brand, they are well within their right.
Pretty sure if you or I tried to get an account at Coutt's we'd get the cold shoulder, too.

Just move right along - a man we don't like has his bank account closed.
No biggy and justified. He must have done something.

Quote: Lazzard @ 30th June 2023, 10:34 AM

Let's be honest, banks rarely occupy the moral high ground - so I don't think it's that.
They're businesses that's all.
Whether it's just the faintest whiff of money laundering or that they feel he's too toxic for their brand, they are well within their right.
Pretty sure if you or I tried to get an account at Coutt's we'd get the cold shoulder, too.

Also I think I'm right in saying that banks don't need to give you a reason, by law

The uk's greatest export - morons....

Italian police said they believe the man filmed engraving his name and that of his apparent girlfriend on the ancient Roman Colosseum in Rome is a tourist who lives in the United Kingdom.

The identification was made using photographic comparisons, Italian Carabinieri said in a press statement on Thursday.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 30th June 2023, 11:18 AM

Just move right along - a man we don't like has his bank account closed.
No biggy and justified. He must have done something.

People have their bank accounts closed all the time.
Mine was frozen when I got divorced.
Who is it you think, exactly, is responsible?
"Dark forces" or "Leftie Lawyers"?

It's woke, liberal, lefty, Marxist communists

They lost the Brexit vote and are out for vengeance

The Blob are to blame. They get blamed for everything. Or those swine the MSM. Or technocrats. Or it could be globalists.