British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,604

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th June 2023, 10:31 AM

I'll ask again then, if this is so, why are they leaving the country they've claimed asylum in to come to England in overcrowded boats?

The ones that come here (approx 75k) haven't claimed asylum in France.
The ones - different ones (approx 150k) - who claim asylum in France, claim asylum in France.
And those that come here in overcrowded boats do so because we refuse to offer safe routes.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2023, 9:25 AM

I really don't think he would ever have said something like that. You've taken it out of context to suit your own agenda.

BORIS JOHNSON: "Lefties sneer. But those brave souls on the submarine died in a cause - pushing out the frontiers of human knowledge - that's typically British and that fills me with pride"

I'd hardly call it pushing out the frontiers of human knowledge

Having a gawp at a rusty, old ship

Anyway, what the bloody hell has it got to do with 'lefties' ?

The man can't help spouting utter drivel

(Which is why he is 100% suited to working for the daily mail)

So half of them haven't claimed asylum in France, we got there. And the question we right wingers always ask is why not? as that's the country they are legally obliged to claim asylum in.

The answer we believe, and I've even seen and heard it on TV from the immigrants themselves is because, and I quote one "Britain gives us a home and a job. In France there's nothing for us here".

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd June 2023, 10:39 PM

Bojo the clown seems to be saying today that anyone who is bothered about people dying at the bottom of the ocean in a leaky tin can are 'snearing' ' lefties'

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th June 2023, 10:46 AM

BORIS JOHNSON: "Lefties sneer. But those brave souls on the submarine died in a cause - pushing out the frontiers of human knowledge - that's typically British and that fills me with pride"

So, in fact, he is saying completely the opposite. And you accuse him of speaking utter drivel!

And that, presumably, is what he means by "lefties sneering".

Billy's on a roll! 😄

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th June 2023, 11:03 AM

So, in fact, he is saying completely the opposite. And you accuse him of speaking utter drivel!

And that, presumably, is what he means by "lefties sneering".

He's talking absolute bollocks as usual!

Firstly , the only 'knowledge' we have gleaned from this is that we now know how NOT to build a submersible ( oh and Spoiler Alert - that the Titanic sunk and is currently lying at the bottom of the sea)

They were just gawping out of a window ffs!

Recklessly gambling with peoples lives for the sake of tourism

And what the f**k has 'lefties' got to do with it anyway?? Pathetic

Political inclination has got zero to do with this incident

Anyway, after getting Brexit done he clearly is a big fan of doing needlessly risky and pointless things that go disastrously wrong despite many warnings

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th June 2023, 10:52 AM

So half of them haven't claimed asylum in France, we got there. And the question we right wingers always ask is why not? as that's the country they are legally obliged to claim asylum in.

The answer we believe, and I've even seen and heard it on TV from the immigrants themselves is because, and I quote one "Britain gives us a home and a job. In France there's nothing for us here".

Half of who? I think you're confused.
About a million people applied for asylum in the EU last year.
A quarter of them end up in Germany.
156,000 in France, Spain 117,000, 84,000 Italy etc etc.
75,000 (approx) make their way to the French coast in the hope of claiming asylum in the UK.
About 50 thousand of them are granted asylum.
Often as not they have some sort of connection - be it family, language or they saw a nice picture on a biscuit tin.
And, despite 13 years of Tory govt, the UK is still a great country - so it's understandable a proportion - 7.5% - might head for here
We make that as dfficult as possible - despite International obligations - by not offering Safe Routes and stirring up hate.

And, no they are not obliged to seek asylum in the first safe country they enter, otherwise Greece would be full and they'd run out of taramasalata.
It's complete myth, regularly spouted.

And clearly your second point is nonsense, as twice as many people settle in France as come here - so there's obviously is "something" for some of them in France.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2023, 9:25 AM

I really don't think he would ever have said something like that. You've taken it out of context to suit your own agenda.

Actually you got it arse about face. He said "Lefties sneer. But those brave souls on that Titanic sub were heroes." Although I think they had more money than sense.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2023, 9:42 AM

No-ones sneaking in.
That's the whole point.
If you entered France and claimed asylum at the border, they would asses your claim, find it to be stupid and then kick you out.

Or direct you to England.

Anyway, what the bloody hell has it got to do with 'lefties' ?

The man can't help spouting utter drivel

(Which is why he is 100% suited to working for the daily mail)

Which you clearly read.

I also read some ridiculous obvious leftie saying that charging foreigners - not those who live here and pay National Insurance - for NHS treatment is racist.

I know what. Let's let the world in. Our NHS is already under too much pressure.

For the 157th time, I don't read that shit rag

News websites feature stories from all sources

That's where I learnt of his latest mindless prattling

Ross Kemp had planned to film a television show that involved a dive to the Titanic wreck site in the OceanGate submersible - but it was cancelled over safety fears.

The actor, known for playing Grant Mitchell in EastEnders, was going to visit the wreck in the sub last year.

But TV company Atlantic Productions deemed the Titan not "fit for purpose".

OceanGate's Titan sub imploded, killing all five passengers, during a trip to the wreck this week.

Kemp, you make me sick, you gutless woke lefty

Quote: Chappers @ 24th June 2023, 12:43 PM

Or direct you to England.

Not sure that's true - but I wouldn't blame them.
They already take twice as many as we do.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2023, 1:35 PM

Not sure that's true - but I wouldn't blame them.
They already take twice as many as we do.

They've got more than twice as much land area as the UK so that's fair enough.

Starmer needs to go , any other leader and labour would be 30 points ahead...

Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 47% (+4) CON: 22% (-2) LDEM: 11% (-) GRN: 8% (-) REF: 7% (-) via

@YouGov

, 20 - 21 Jun

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th June 2023, 1:58 PM

They've got more than twice as much land area as the UK so that's fair enough.

Yes.
But as their population is around the same as ours I should imagine their housing stock is pretty similar.

Quote: Lazzard @ 24th June 2023, 2:05 PM

Yes.
But as their population is around the same as ours I should imagine their housing stock is pretty similar.

Over twice as much land area? Population around the same? Housing stock pretty similar?

Shows how overcrowded this country already is in comparison.