British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,603

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd June 2023, 10:52 PM

Wrong.
You either don't undeestand or don't care.

It's not his fault

" Right-wingers tend to be less intelligent than left-wingers, and people with low childhood intelligence tend to grow up to have racist and anti-gay views, says a controversial new study.

Conservative politics work almost as a 'gateway' into prejudice against others, say the Canadian academics.

The paper analysed large UK studies which compared childhood intelligence with political views in adulthood across more than 15,000 people.

The authors claim that people with low intelligence gravitate towards right-wing views because they make them feel safe."

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd June 2023, 9:15 PM

Very sad outcome and the remains will have been scavenged by marine life soon after the breakup. It's likely they suffered the same fate as the saturation divers from the Byford Dolphin disaster who were killed when the pressurised diving chamber they were in was suddenly depressurised. The force pushed one of divers through a hole the size of a fist which mutilated the body instantly and it scattered remains of the other divers and internal organs around the inside of the diving chamber. The blood doesn't boil in the veins but it instantly becomes a thicker substance and stops circulating. If that happened to the people on the sub it may have been more a more preferable way to go than slowly and helplessly suffocate. The sub doesn't look like fail safe measures were high on the priority list.

Sorry, but what you are describing is more like a DECOMPRESSION incident like an explosion in a space capsule, not an implosion in a submarine.

In this accident: The water pressure on each square inch of the submarine was about 2 and a half TONS, when the chamber walls failed the water would rush in in a split second and exert that 2 1/2 tons on each square inch of each human person. So each person would be squished, the fluids are generally not compressible though they would stiffen under that pressure, but every chamber, especially the lungs and abdomen containing air (or other gas) pockets would be squished to less than 1% of their normal size, All the chest bones would break immediately probably wrecking the heart. The head too with its air pockets in the ears nose and throat would also be instantly ruined.

I suspect that the incident you quote was in a decompression tank with a mere 45 pounds per square inch, with the divers in there, for several days, because they had been diving at say 150 feet (58 psi) and had nitrogen dissolved in their blood, which takes time to come out to avoid "The Bends" (decompression sickness).

I suspect that the Titan submarine ran with an internal pressure approximately the same as our atmosphere (about 14.5 psi) , so that the passengers would not need to be decompressed when they (normally) got back to the surface.

Gruesome description, I know, but at least death would be very very quick.

OK. Illegal until.

Illegal and that's it. If I was to sneak into France without a passport I'd be kicked out straight away.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th June 2023, 7:46 AM

Illegal and that's it. If I was to sneak into France without a passport I'd be kicked out straight away.

You should do it, and then write an hilarious 'fish out of water' sitcom about it.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th June 2023, 8:10 AM

. It's hard to think of anyone more right wing than Enoch Powell.

I can think of a few.

That's the trouble with cutting & pasting your posts. You just quote someone else's opinion all the time without the need to do any research or to think for yourself. And therefore have no facts to justify your post.

But he's on the brighter side.

Quote: chipolata @ 24th June 2023, 8:13 AM

I can think of a few.

Another glib comment; but with that history, brain power and qualifications?

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd June 2023, 10:39 PM

Bojo the clown seems to be saying today that anyone who is bothered about people dying at the bottom of the ocean in a leaky tin can are 'snearing' ' lefties'

I hope he volunteers for the next trip

I really don't think he would ever have said something like that. You've taken it out of context to suit your own agenda.

Spelt sneering wrong too. 😁

Waits for the dislecksia naysayers

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th June 2023, 7:46 AM

No-ones sneaking in.
That's the whole point.
If you entered France and claimed asylum at the border, they would asses your claim, find it to be stupid and then kick you out.

Both sets of deceased human beings paid money to risk their lives aboard an unsuitable, dangerous vessel.
One lot did it out of desperation.
The other lot did it for kicks.

Erm, if they're claiming Asylum in France why are they all leaving France to come here in boats?

Answer: Because they are not claiming asylum in France, they don't want to live in France even if France wanted them, which they don't. They are just transiting through France to get to Muggins GB where they will likely be granted asylum, given a home and benefits and be allowed to work, or so they think.

(My and many others') Conclusion: They (very mostly) are not desperate asylum seekers but seekers of a better life than they have at home, they are economic migrants exploiting the wars and political turmoil to get a better life in the free west, many with criminal intent when or soon after they get here.

They are claiming asylum in France.
France have twice as many asylum application as the UK.
In terms of number of asylum seekers per head of population, we rank 22nd.
You've got a thing against rimmigrants - I get it - but don't pretend it's backed up by facts.

I'll ask again then, if this is so, why are they leaving the country they've claimed asylum in to come to England in overcrowded boats?