British Comedy Guide

Saucy seaside postcards Page 84

I think you're possibly being overly verbose to annoy certain people/everyone but if you're not, please don't attempt copywriting or any writing career, at least without employing an editor. But, referring back to my opening clause I think you know that. Morning.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 10th May 2023, 6:57 AM

I think you're possibly being overly verbose to annoy certain people/everyone but if you're not, please don't attempt copywriting or any writing career, at least without employing an editor. But, referring back to my opening clause I think you know that. Morning.

Point taken. ;)

Original postcard: a beautiful picture but the caption's weak and doesn't come close to doing it justice.

I saw the above card and I was like, "Oh my god, I can't believe what I'm seeing!" I immediately thought of a particular BCG member (who shall remain nameless) because, as soon as I saw the picture, straight into my mind came a caption that, if substituted for the original would make him wet his pants laughing. I tell you - if this was an original card and he ever stumbled upon it while surfing the web, he'd say it was one of the funniest he'd ever laid his eyes on! It's like the comedy gods were looking down on me and saying, "Go on. It's right up his street. Be nice, and post it for him. He won't thank you for it but he'll love it even if he'd rather die than admit it." So here it is.

Well I'm not laughing.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2023, 6:35 PM

Well I'm not laughing.

No, but she might be if it was you stood there with your pants down.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 12th May 2023, 7:49 PM

No, but she might be if it was you stood there with your pants down.

No. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Why on earth would he sign up using a name which he couldn't live up to?

Both captions are poor, I'm sorry to say, but I also like the illustration.

Quote: gappy @ 13th May 2023, 12:14 PM

Of course, because the re-hasher thinks he's funny with his "improved" caption and isn't, and the illustration was done by a professional.

Quote: gappy @ 13th May 2023, 12:14 PM

Hello, Gappy. I know what you mean. My postcard might not be up there with the best of the best but let me tell you there are folks out there who just love that kind of "low" humour and I did try to make it clear in my original post that it was intended for a very niche market that loves that kind of humour, especially when it involves an attractive young woman on the receiving end (consensually or otherwise) of what fans of low humour would probably describe as a jolly good seeing to. I know it's not for refined palates like yours so, please understand, I posted that joke for others, not for connoisseurs like you and me.

P.S. I showed it around the pub last night and everyone thought it was brilliant.

P.P.S. I must start going to posher pubs.

Original postcard. Just a tad misogynistic?

My alternative.

Still potentially saucy but it's all in the mind of the viewer. The words and the picture are, in themselves, entirely innocent.

Quote: alison blunderland @ 13th May 2023, 6:22 PM

Hello, Gappy. I know what you mean. My postcard might not be up there with the best of the best but let me tell you there are folks out there who just love that kind of "low" humour and I did try to make it clear in my original post that it was intended for a very niche market that loves that kind of humour, especially when it involves an attractive young woman on the receiving end (consensually or otherwise) of what fans of low humour would probably describe as a jolly good seeing to. I know it's not for refined palates like yours so, please understand, I posted that joke for others, not for connoisseurs like you and me.

P.S. I showed it around the pub last night and everyone thought it was brilliant.

P.P.S. I must start going to posher pubs.

It's not the lowness, I'm all for that, it's just an awkwardly stretched gag. But, as I say, yours is no worse than the original.

Also, looking at the picture again on a bigger screen, despite its charm, that poor lass is twisted into some sort of horrible contortion.

Just seen on eBay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/lobwood-2009?mkevt=1&mkpid=2&emsid=e112362.m1951.l7718&mkcid=8&bu=44359143113&osub=91c03464e7ebf2e717fe1c6073789d8b%257ETE10004_T_NORMAL_CT1%257E10001&segname=TE10004_T_NORMAL_CT1&crd=20230622090000&ch=osgood&ul_noapp=true

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd June 2023, 9:26 AM

Just seen on eBay.

Yes, and?

Nothing unusual or rare about them - there are collectors out there, just as there are with all sorts of ephemera.

Here's one from the collection Chappers has just highlighted.

Here's my version. Same artwork, but different dialogue.

Referring back to a previous post, as the owner of an eight inch cock I feel discriminated against.