British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,597

He will use his grotty little column to throw grenades at Sunak no doubt

Yay!!

Go on Bozza lad

This smacks of political motivation form the off. They have made mountains of molehills and used his insouciant personality to snare him. The more I keep hearing of the relatively piddling transgressions he was first accused of, then using his lack of veracity or openness about them to condemn him, is very similar to condemning harmless gossiping old women as witches in darker times.

The whole partygate scandal is a monstrously blown up contrivance to trap a hated rival of the political elite who resented his instant elevation from celebrity to top job they'd all yearned for but were too banal to ever be considered. It has a close parallel with the way Trump is being trapped (but with much less serious charges), which his enemies are jumping on as if some sort of divine sign that he must also be toppled. Can any one of them say they haven't fibbed in their political careers? Most lie through their teeth.

Sunak has an unbelievable cheek. He was also fined for a partygate transgression and then fined for not wearing a seatbelt (which was ridiculous) and yet these same arbiters of justice are parading him as the untouchable candidate for PM.

Alfred I don't doubt that Johnson was brought down in the manner that he himself has brought many others down. It's a game he played and won many hands but he left victims in his wake that were wounded not dead as such his comeuppance was nailed on from the get go.
I don't rate Starmer, or the phonies around him and I think Sunak is almost a sociopath due to the detachment that often accompanies his level of wealth.
In short there are very few options open to us when it comes to the type of leadership that could at least point to a light at the end of the tunnel.
But Boris was no saviour and he wasn't tied to the ground by Lilliputians, he just lost what little showmanship he had and was exposed for his shortcomings and his lies,

Biden, Sunak and Starmer are fairly unexceptional ordinary politicians.
They are not anything like people like Trump and Johnson who spend their entire lives acting as if the rules of society don't apply to them and then throw a tantrum and try to bring down the whole system when they get caught out.

https://www.standard.co.uk/business/business-news/protesters-call-for-inquiry-into-battle-of-orgreave-b1088490.html

About bloody time

Absolutely disgusting incident

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th May 2023, 1:03 PM

His writing isn't all that good either. And has he ever actually said anything funny? If so, what?

Chris you're a psychic, how did you know Boris would end up writing for the Daily Mail ?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/partygate-video-tories-lockdown-breach-b2359568.html#

".... we're bending the rules! 😆"

Wankers

Not like Durham eh.
They partied appropriately.

I know Goodlad, Bunter and Kipper are going to be furious with me saying this, but Tories really are shockingly bad dancers.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 18th June 2023, 8:55 AM

Not like Durham eh.
They partied appropriately.

The law wasn't broken then. Is that what you mean?

No he's right

Durham police are part of a deep state cabal bent on bringing down the government and reversing Brexit

They're not coming for Boris; they're coming for you...

All these right-wing commentators saying "Brexit isn't safe without Boris!"
Hogwash
A) If he was the only thing stopping us re-joining I'd have taken a contract out on him myself (for the hard of thinking - I'M JOKING!)
B) He doesn't even believe in Brexit, but just saw it as a way of securing the top job. Now that's gone up in smoke he couldn't be arsed either way.

They say that we get the politicians we deserve. Let's hope not!

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th June 2023, 10:33 AM

He doesn't even believe in Brexit, but just saw it as a way of securing the top job. Now that's gone up in smoke he couldn't be arsed either way.

As I think I said at the Brighton conference:

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 7th December 2020, 2:34 PM

we know from his two prepared Brexit arguments that he will take up any label that best advantages Boris Johnson

Forgive me if I've told this story before, but my friend and fellow cartoonist Martin Rowson told me that Johnson when editor of The Spectator could never make a decision about the front cover illustration that Martin was drawing. As the deadline approached, Martin said something like "Spare me your Wodehousian waffling!"
Suddenly Johnson was cold and hostile. "It's served me very well up until now!"