British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,596

Quote: billwill @ 16th June 2023, 12:53 AM

Are you not conveniently forgetting about the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq, that never existed?

Blair warned about the as it turned non-existent weapons based on intelligence which turned out to be false.
A bit different from Johnson deliberately breaking rules which he'd introduced himself then repeatedly lying about it in a desperate bid to save his own skin.

Of course his big mistake was introducing those economy-busting, education-abandoning, abuse-encouraging and suicide-provoking rules in the first place (I did warn him about it at the time). If the rules hadn't existed, he couldn't have broken them.

He was making mistakes well before that to be fair. Before he even entered parliament he organised an attack on a journalist and was sacked by Max Hastings for telling lies. Let's be honest here regardless of the spite the inquiry may have used, it was fact based evidence that enabled them to be vindictive .
The man they were dealing with is a proven liar on many many counts so whilst he may say what he likes about the people who investigated him . no one here can argue either his innocence or cite any instance of sincerity from him .

Rumours now of about 16 other events that weren't allowed under the rules

Also, he may now be a new columnist for the daily mail

Quote: billwill @ 16th June 2023, 12:53 AM

Are you not conveniently forgetting about the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" in Iraq, that never existed?

Woaww that's a whole new thing , which I could go on and on about...

But it's far too hot today !

In a nutshell though, Blair has blood on his hands, him and that retard Dubya

Blair did a lot of good things whilst in power, but yes he is pretty much a war criminal imo

However!! If the tories had been in power at that time instead, Hague or Howard or Cameron would have backed the yanks 100000% too

Like Thatcher when she never had her nose out of Reagans butthole

I don't think Blair lied though , he was lied to

But it's irrelevant- we had zero business going bombing Iraq into the stone age, killing thousands of innocent civilians

For no apparent reason at all

McCarthyism

The American Heritage Dictionary gives the definition of McCarthyism as:
1. The political practice of publicizing accusations of disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence; and
2. The use of methods of investigation and accusation is regarded as unfair, in order to suppress opposition.

Witch Hunt!🧙🏽‍♀️

7 Tory MPs are set to vote against findings of this cross bench committee a number so low that it has forced Johnson to come out and ask no one to vote against the findings as it will further expose how much of a busted flush Johnson is.
As for mandates regardless of who would be the potential PM the vote was for the Tories not any individual and the party was up against Jeremy Corbyn who at the time was getting worse press than Hitler and they were promising to get Brexit done. I could have won that vote.
Johnson is over, his Churchillian wilderness years will be filled with lies not a Cassandra like gaze . Word is the Telegraph knocked him back and if he does write in the Mail tomorrow he will be breaking further parliamentary rules regarding the roles of ex Ministers , so much so that Winston Churchills grandson will be writing to him to warn him of yet another accepted parliamentary procedure he is in breach of.
As for McCarthyism the man was given tax payers money for the best defence possible and had the opportunity to defend himself in the house , instead he ran because he is a lair and his lies are so shallow that he would have been further exposed as the charlatan that he is.
People would do well to avoid seeing this pig as anything other than a pig, the games over the curtain has drawn back and we can all see the Great Bojo for what he is, not that we didn't already know .

The greased piglet is finally on the spit ! 🐽

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2023, 1:30 PM

McCarthyism

1. The political practice of publicizing accusations of disloyalty or subversion with insufficient regard to evidence; and
2. The use of methods of investigation and accusation is regarded as unfair, in order to suppress opposition.

"Boris Johnson has announced that he is resigning as Prime Minister after facing a tide of ministerial resignations. Below is the full list of cabinet ministers, junior ministers and other government employees who resigned, forcing the Prime Minister to act."

I won't list them all but there was over FIFTY - of his own colleagues

Not 1 or 2. Not 8 or 9. Fifty odd

Fifty Tories forced him out

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2023, 1:30 PM

McCarthyism

A bit insulting to the victims of genuine McCarthyism. Unlike many of them, Johnson has been found guilty on the basis of plenty of evidence and has got off fairly lightly. All the false accusations and dubious tactics seem to be coming from his side!

Ah, all the usual completely blinkered subjects.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th June 2023, 5:37 PM

Ah, all the usual completely blinkered subjects.

What was blinkered about that?

Steve G isn't like the you or me, Chris.
He sees both sides of the story.
Jacob Rees-Mogg's and Nadine Dories'

NB Can a subject be blinkered??

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2023, 11:05 AM

Also, he may now be a new columnist for the daily mail

And in doing so breaches yet more rules 🤪

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th June 2023, 6:30 PM

And in doing so breaches yet more rules 🤪

Even I'm starting to feel sorry for the Tory party.