British Comedy Guide

House of Games Page 17

Nick Helm was on 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown quite a few times. He was much more annoying on that than he is on HoG believe it or not! Actually I thought he's been quite funny on HoG at times.

Quote: a plate @ 6th June 2023, 8:47 PM

Nick Helm was on 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown quite a few times. He was much more annoying on that than he is on HoG believe it or not! Actually I thought he's been quite funny on HoG at times.

Ah yes, I wondered where I had seen him before

Who the fuuu.......

🧐

I remember saying this when it was on first time but I'm still no wiser apart from the dancer.

Yes, but also know of Simon Hickson, who formed one half of children's TV Trevor and Simon.

What amuses me is (known for his pork pie hat) Simon's avatar looks nothing like him, so much so that with the hat the avatar has he looks more like Jay from Jamiroquai

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2023, 8:55 AM

Yes, but also know of Simon Hickson, who formed one half of children's TV Trevor and Simon.

What amuses me is (known for his pork pie hat) Simon's avatar looks nothing like him, so much so that with the hat the avatar has he looks more like Jay from Jamiroquai

So many words, none of which mean anything to me:

Simon Hickson
Trevor and Simon
Jay
Jamiroquai

I feel like I've entered a different world. Hopefully better than the one I was in before.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th June 2023, 10:07 AM

So many words, none of which mean anything to me:

Vienna!!

Blinking heck Billy, you have led a sheltered life.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2023, 10:46 AM

Vienna!!

That was Ultravox wasn't it?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th June 2023, 11:03 AM

That was Ultravox wasn't it?

Correct! Now, do you want to take the £1 or double it up £2?

I really wanna to tell you friends, most sincerely, this is really tense - what should he do audience?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th June 2023, 11:28 AM

Correct! Now, do you want to take the £1 or double it up £2?

I really wanna to tell you friends, most sincerely, this is really tense - what should he do audience?

"Open the box..."

"Take the bunny! "

It's always interesting to see how comedians can bring their unique personalities to different shows. Nick Helm's appearances on 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown and House of Games definitely showcase different sides of his comedic style. While some may find him more annoying on the former, it's great to hear that you find him quite funny on House of Games.

EDIT: Spam link removed

Quote: rogercampos @ 15th June 2023, 9:23 AM

It's always interesting to see how comedians can bring their unique personalities to different shows. Nick Helm's appearances on 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown and House of Games definitely showcase different sides of his comedic style. While some may find him more annoying on the former, it's great to hear that you find him quite funny on House of Games. It just goes to show that humor is subjective, and different shows can bring out different aspects of a comedian's talent.

Welcome to the site Nick.

Quote: rogercampos @ 15th June 2023, 9:23 AM

It's always interesting to see how comedians can bring their unique personalities to different shows. Nick Helm's appearances on 8 Out of 10 Cats does Countdown and House of Games definitely showcase different sides of his comedic style. While some may find him more annoying on the former, it's great to hear that you find him quite funny on House of Games. It just goes to show that humor is subjective, and different shows can bring out different aspects of a comedian's talent.

Quote: Chappers @ 15th June 2023, 7:29 PM

Welcome to the site Nick.

Haha! :)

BTW, even though I saw the episode before, it surprised me Jessie Cave said she has children who were about 7 years old or so, she seems so young herself - imagine my surprise when I found out she's actually in her mid-30s!

But why are some of them so thick (all, now come to think of it) solving simple anagrams