British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,582

I see there's a new series by the great Shane Meadows, The Gallows Pole, it should be worth watching. I love Dead Man's Shoes, filmed near where I'm from, Burton on Trent. Shane's friend and favourite actor Paddy Considine is a fellow Burtonian.

Shit! I seem to have posted that in the wrong thread. It's meant to be the TV one.

Quote: beaky @ 23rd May 2023, 4:23 PM

I see there's a new series by the great Shane Meadows, The Gallows Pole, it should be worth watching. I love Dead Man's Shoes

Great film. And it always impressed me that Paddy managed to get a man in a suitcase.

Perhaps it was one of those with a zip that you open to make it bigger.

Oh, dear, Boris in trouble again.
This time for a lockdown shin-dig at Chequers.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd May 2023, 6:47 PM

Oh, dear, Boris in trouble again.
This time for a lockdown shin-dig at Chequers.

Nice

I trust WE will be paying his legal fees again if anything comes of this ?

Ironically, it because we're paying his legal fees he got found out. He had to put his diary into his lawyers which meant the Cabinet Office had to be involved and, on seeing them, referred them to the Met.
You couldn't make it up.
And this guy ran the country!

"Dear Diary, today was such fun! Had lots and lots of spiffing chums round to Chequers. Got completely smashed! Hope nobody tells the rozzers BWAHAAAAHAA!"

Ron DeSantis's campaign launch just crashed and burned faster than one of Musk's space rockets 🚀

Quote: lofthouse @ 24th May 2023, 11:36 PM

Ron DeSantis's campaign launch just crashed and burned faster than one of Musk's space rockets 🚀

I wouldn't complain if my campaign launch were to suffer from too much public interest, and Elon's rockets are reliable as hell.

Quote: DaButt @ 25th May 2023, 5:16 AM

I wouldn't complain if my campaign launch were to suffer from too much public interest, and Elon's rockets are reliable as hell.

"Wow! The DeSanctus TWITTER launch is a DISASTER! His whole campaign will be a disaster. WATCH!"

Not my words, but the words of Donald Trump, who will pretty much destroy DeSantis much the same way he destroyed Bush and Cruz and all the other Republicans who stood against him in 2016.

Desantis is virtually as bat shit crazy as Trump

Absolute slime ball

Absolutely dreadful immigration figures today - another Tory failure

And where is Braverman ? Someone had to stand in for her in the Commons and she is giving no interviews or doing any media at all today

She is hiding

Maybe she could arrange a private course on how to do her bloody job properly

Quote: lofthouse @ 25th May 2023, 7:32 PM

Absolutely dreadful immigration figures today - another Tory failure

And where is Braverman ? Someone had to stand in for her in the Commons and she is giving no interviews or doing any media at all today

She is hiding

Maybe she could arrange a private course on how to do her bloody job properly

Nothing to do of course with all those illegals crossing the channel. And obviously nobody wants to leave under this Government.

It's laughable how you want it both ways.
it's inhuman to deport them
They have failed to control immigration

Quote: Chappers @ 25th May 2023, 7:45 PM

Nothing to do of course with all those illegals crossing the channel.

Not really.
The vast majority of the 600k immigration figures are people on skilled work visas.
A government sanctioned scheme to bring people in to fill gaps in the jobs market.
About 150k work in the health and care sector.
Agriculture and IT rely on these foreign workers, as does Hospitality.
King Kong and Ukraine account for another 150k
And our Universities attract an enormous amount of foreign students.
About 75k are successful asylum seekers.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th May 2023, 8:28 PM

It's laughable how you want it both ways.
it's inhuman to deport them
They have failed to control immigration

Two completely separate issues.
Although, those on the right are more than happy to conflate them.
Our immigration figures are entirely government sanctioned - they're brought in to work.