British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,260

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2023, 4:23 PM

🤣

Alright, calm down! And it seems from the Independent article you attached, I wasn't alone, so not that hysterical, and clever on their part.

Nah it just cracked my up you having a big anti-BBC rant

Those bastards!

Just watched HIGNFY followed by WILTY.

I realised WILTY was a repeat when Will came on. Repeats of Chris and sprinkling from the previous programme.

Eh???

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2023, 10:04 PM

Eh???

Chris was in both programmes and Will Sprinkler coincided with Mel sprinkling.

Quote: lofthouse @ 19th May 2023, 4:45 PM

Nah it just cracked my up you having a big anti-BBC rant

Those bastards!

Well, what do you expect. My ritual on a Sat. morning is to go through the TV schedules and make sure I have everything I want to see on the digi-box for the following week, and then some shit like athletics or snooker over- runs and all you wanted to see is cancelled or postponed, and then if you are not watching live (which I rarely do), you have absolutely no f**king idea where or when the programme you wanted to see has finished up or even going to be shown.

I've said this before - the BBC should have a sports channel (BBC3 for example, which no one watches) and shove all that shit on there.

" and I'm afraid we will have to leave this final exciting frame at the Crucible, as continual coverage will arse up Hercs digibox"

I should think so too - it's been on for f**king 7 hours already!!

This morning on BBC Breakfast - half hour documentary on Rob Burrows, that was heart-breaking to watch, with all the adults breaking down when being interviewed. There were tears everywhere, and I struggled to hold it together

They showed clips of him at his rugby playing peak, which were very impressive, and now you see him as the wasted body of a dying man.

What brave people his parents, his wife and his children were, especially his wife who carries him from chair to chair and even upstairs (!!! why no stair lift?) as there is no body mass to him.

Awful, just bloody awful. What a terrible, terrible disease MND is, and yet he keeps on smiling

Apocalypse now

For the first time

"The Stones and Brian Jones" on the Beeb, which was a superb hour and a half, as I didn't know all the back story to his death.

No Mick Jagger or Keith Richards interview, but there was Bill Wyman looking like some old boy in a home (I expect it was actually his moated manor)

Scully

Just catching the end of an Andre Rieu show in Brazil on Sky Arts.

It's like a massive party. Everyone is smiling including the orchestra and singers. I know the classical purists would think it's an abomination but it's more OTT than the Eurovision Song Contest.

The new series of Michael Portillo's "Great Coastal Railway Journeys" that started tonight on BBC2. Love these - so informative and well presented.

I know nobody (will admit to) watches Emmerdale on her. Some great comedy in it at times though.

Bernice and Bob getting amorous after some wine tasting.

Bernice: Is it OK if I swallow?
Bob: You can swallow as much as you like.