British Comedy Guide

The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 102

Andy Rourke of The Smiths

RIP

59 ... 😔

RIP Martin Amis. One of Britain's funniest and greatest writers.

Quote: chipolata @ 21st May 2023, 9:04 AM

RIP Martin Amis. One of Britain's funniest and greatest writers.

Absolutely.
A great loss.
RIP

Yes RIP, and it feels slightly weird for me, as I'd just bought his 1982 "Invasion of the Space Invaders" for my son's birthday, which is superb, covering the period when computer games etc. took the world by storm.
Seems an odd book for him to bring out, unless of course he was a fan.

Well he was a fan of darts as well I believe. Didn't he write a novel based around darts, Time's Arrow. Not read it. Read a couple of his father's. I always got the impression from book reviews in papers that Martin's work was a lot heavier and more complex, an instant turn off to me.

I read a book once. Green it was.

(Dr Evadne Hinge age 78).

I put that in brackets...

Joined his partner in the sky - Rest In Peace.

Loved their act

Cream lyricist Pete Brown dies at 82.

There's an elephant in this room today...

Just heard what he did to Vanessa Feltz on the big breakfast - while his wife was stood two yards away

Dirty f**king c**t

Glad he was finally exposed for the excuse of a man he was and the last few years of his life were spent in disgrace and shame

Typical of the sort of man who thought being a 'star' gave him the right to behave like a dirty old twat whenever he felt like it

Quote: lofthouse @ 23rd May 2023, 4:51 PM

Just heard what he did to Vanessa Feltz on the big breakfast - while his wife was stood two yards away

Dirty f**king c**t

Glad he was finally exposed for the excuse of a man he was and the last few years of his life were spent in disgrace and shame

Typical of the sort of man who thought being a 'star' gave him the right to behave like a dirty old twat whenever he felt like it

Who are you talking about?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd May 2023, 4:44 PM

Meaning?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd May 2023, 8:33 AM

(Dr Evadne Hinge age 78).

I put that in brackets...

The Random Jottings of Hinge and Bracket was fantastic silly fun -'one of my favourite radio sitcoms

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd May 2023, 4:44 PM

"Can you guess who it is yet?"

Quote: beaky @ 23rd May 2023, 6:42 PM

"Can you guess who it is yet?"

🤣🤣🤣

Nice!