British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,259

Quote: a plate @ 17th May 2023, 2:36 AM

Yeah, I don't watch it, but I suspect it might all be made up or exaggerated. Dan Wootton is always on about it, and he's got a grudge against Schofield.

Who hasn't he got a grudge against! He's like a one man grudge machine.

Quote: chipolata @ 17th May 2023, 6:43 AM

Who hasn't he got a grudge against!

Boris !

I think he would gladly bum him senseless given half the chance

Don't hate me for the fact that it's on another streaming platform but The Offer(Paramount)is great TV.
It tells the - somewhat exaggerated, I would guess - story of the making of The Godfather told from the producers point of view.
Some great people in it - including Ted Lasso's Juno Temple knocking it out of the park.
Great writing, tons of zingy dialogue and shot beautifully.
Paramount TV has a free trial week - so if you're prepared to put the hours in (10x 50mins) you could watch this gem for nowt.
If films of that era float your boat, and you like behind-the scenes, backstage stories, then this is for you,

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th May 2023, 9:21 AM
Don't hate me for the fact that it's on another streaming platform but The Offer(Paramount)is great TV.
It tells the - somewhat exaggerated, I would guess - story of the making of The Godfather told from the producers point of view.
Some great people in it - including Ted Lasso's Juno Temple knocking it out of the park.
Great writing, tons of zingy dialogue and shot beautifully.
Paramount TV has a free trial week - so if you're prepared to put the hours in (10x 50mins) you could watch this gem for nowt.
If films of that era float your boat, and you like behind-the scenes, backstage stories, then this is for you,

The trouble with free offers is if you forget to cancel, are unable to cancel or they make it difficult to cancel you're stuffed with a contract.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th May 2023, 5:52 PM

The trouble with free offers is if you forget to cancel, are unable to cancel or they make it difficult to cancel you're stuffed with a contract.

It's true.
You have to on it, or they roll you over.

Paramount has some decent shows. Yellowstone. Yellowjackets. The new Star Treks. I'm guessing the new Frasier when it comes out... There are too many streamers now, though. It's exhausting trying to keep up with all the new shows.

F**k that - there's more than enough for me on all the terrestrial channels to get further involved

The trouble with free offers is if you forget to cancel

I have a several unplayed albums from the Britannia Music Club :-(

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th May 2023, 11:45 PM

F**k that - there's more than enough for me on all the terrestrial channels to get further involved

I'm the opposite.
I find the terrestrial offering very limited.
And when I do watch, I pretty well treat it as a streaming service, watching alomost exclusively on their respective on-demand platforms.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th May 2023, 9:21 AM

No it isn't. I didn't laugh once, and why did they write out Dwight?
It always cracks me up when Brits say, I watched all the US Office and didn't like it. I'da thought that by episode 76,529...

Did anyone see inside no. 9 last night.....?

NO, my digi box had some effin' quiz with Lee Mack hosting - I AM NOT VERY HAPPY!! Did the Beeb change it at the last moment, and WHY!!!! They simply cannot give a shit about the viewers

Surprised there wasn't six hours of athletics or snooker instead.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th May 2023, 3:26 PM

NO, my digi box had some effin' quiz with Lee Mack hosting - I AM NOT VERY HAPPY!! Did the Beeb change it at the last moment, and WHY!!!! They simply cannot give a shit about the viewers

Surprised there wasn't six hours of athletics or snooker instead.

Lol!

That WAS Inside no 9 !

They tricked you 🙂

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/inside-no-9-3-by-3-lee-mack-b2342012.html

SHIT! Similar to that live one they did sometime ago, but then we all knew about it.

Oooo, I feel such a fool 🤭

I'll have to dive into the Deleted folder and retrieve it.

🤣