British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,576

I wonder how Nick Brown is doing?
Labour MP and whip suspended a long time ago for doing ????

These super-injunctions really work - you can't find one reason why he was suspended.
Everyone knows but nobody can say.

As an aside and not connected in any way, 'boy has my rent gone up

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2023, 8:52 PM

I'm really pleased that the Lib Dems seem to be picking up again.

Together with the prospect of re-joining the EU and of a Keir Starmer led government? Doesn't sound like something you'd be supporting.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th May 2023, 10:12 AM

Together with the prospect of re-joining the EU and of a Keir Starmer led government?

What's not to like?

He'll cause chaos and lose the old red wall again if he goes through with this plan. He's turning out to be the most manipulative and scheming of opposition leaders, desperate for power, he's another Richard the third, pun intended. Corbyn and the left hate him, now the right hate him and he doesn't care, as long he gets to be PM, which he's desperate for. Look out middle England and all Brexit voters!

What plan?
He has categorically stated that Re-joining the EU is off the cards.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th May 2023, 11:57 AM

What plan?

And he categorically stated he'd serve Corbyn's supporters and honour his policies when elected new leader and then abandoned them, culling many of the remaining left wing ministers as he went. So he ain't to be trusted, infact he's as Machievelian as they come.

What plan?

"Time and time again" he has said Brexit is done and we have to make it work

Why don't people listen to what he says rather than accepting what crap they read in the daily Mail and the express

What plan?

His plan to give the vote to 3 million odd settled EUers and 16 year olds, which would give them a large majority, and ultimate power for their ideological plans for Britain. And more alarmingly as the papers highlight, promote a huge step back towards an alliance with the EU, or as they argue, a new referendum. As I say, as big a schemer as we've yet seen.

He hasn't even said that those things are policy - it's in the mix for discussion

Anyway the whole voter ID bullshit was only done cos they thought it would benefit them to get more tory votes

So f**k 'em

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th May 2023, 12:10 PM

"Time and time again" he has said Brexit is done and we have to make it work

Why don't people listen to what he says rather than accepting what crap they read in the daily Mail and the express

He also once said he was friend of Corbyn and then said he never had been.

And what do you think will be the price of the Lib Dems agreeing to prop up a minority Labour government?

Why aren't people more sceptical rather than accepting whatever a politician tells them?

Quote: lofthouse @ 15th May 2023, 12:10 PM

I read it in The Guardian.

I think if you've got settled status and have been paying tax for five years, you should get a vote.
It's their money the govt.are spending.
Take the vote away from ex-pats, by all means.
Why some sangria soaked goon on the Costa del Crime who doesn't want to live here should get a vote is beyond me.
And, anyway, he could only enact this dastardly 'plan' if he was in power - elected on a mandate that would include changes to the electoral rules.
And only an idiot wouldn't want to improve trading relations with the EU.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th May 2023, 12:34 PM

And, anyway, he could only enact this dastardly 'plan' if he was in power - elected on a mandate that would include changes to the electoral rules.

Exactly, meaning millions of EU friendly immigrants and spotty left wing teenagers will be rushing to the polls to vote for that. Making it far easier to get it through parliament with a strong electoral mandate and a large house majority.

But if he's voted in on a manifesto that includes voter reform - then that's what the people want.
And, anyway, if he wins - it'll be under the current voting system.

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th May 2023, 12:34 PM

I think if you've got settled status and have been paying tax for five years, you should get a vote.

Bollocks should they, they're not British citizens, they've merely been granted leave to stay. If they don't like that they can f**k off back to Eastern Europe and live. Most of them will have the vote in their home countries still anyway, just like many of our expats in Spain you deplore. I expect the ones living a poncy life in France writing novels or cookery books are alright with you?

Quote: Lazzard @ 15th May 2023, 1:07 PM

And, anyway, if he wins - it'll be under the current voting system.

No that's true, sorry it's the brain fog on these pills. He will struggle then, infact he's best to keep quiet about it. I don't see the old red wall defectors to the Tory vote going near that. I can only expect it's to bring back some of that growing band of Lib Dems who see themselves as Europeans more than British.