British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Status report Page 6,156

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 1st May 2023, 11:52 AM

In Windsor today for the races. Very busy in the town. Must be something happening this week.

Oh, I get it now - I thought so. You're in town for the big do, aren't you. Got a front seat at the Abbey I expect.

I always thought from your posts you were related to the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha tribe.

Had your ermine dry-cleaned have you, and I bet you look smart in those white stockings.

Well at least no one said "May the 4th be with you", today

I did when filling out a form but I do have a lisp.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 4th May 2023, 4:40 PM

Well at least no one said "May the 4th be with you", today

I've heard it at least 3 times, and it's not even noon. It's my friend's birthday, so I'll never avoid it on this day.

May the Fifth be with you.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th May 2023, 6:18 AM

May the Fifth be with you.

Ha Ha 🥱

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 5th May 2023, 8:58 AM

Ha Ha 🥱

Actually I've been corrected. It's Revenge of the Fifth.

Quote: Chappers @ 5th May 2023, 6:15 PM

Actually I've been corrected. It's Revenge of the Fifth.

Is that the title of the first episode of Rain Dogs?

Thanks Mark. No excuses not to write now.

Enjoying a 36-hour visit with my grandkids in Denver. I flew in yesterday morning, and I'm flying home tonight on my 60th birthday. My granddaughter will turn three Saturday, so we had a joint party yesterday. That kid melts my heart.

Had my Covid booster jab yesterday. It has never affected me before, but bloody hell, it has this time!! Got no strength, and it's a trial to do anything. 😒

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2023, 4:08 PM

Had my Covid booster jab yesterday. It has never affected me before, but bloody hell, it has this time!! Got no strength, and it's a trial to do anything. 😒

I've had three rounds, but I won't do it again. The first time was no worse than a sore arm. The second one left me feeling fairly lousy for about 16 hours. The third one was horrible - the worst sickness I've had in years, and it lasted for 36 hours. I've had Covid twice after the three vaccinations, and it was barely worse than a mild cold.

On a misery scale of 1 to 10:

Jab 1: 0
Jab 2: 4
Jab 3: 9
Covid 1: 4
Covid 2: 1.5

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2023, 4:08 PM

Wasn't offered this time.
Bit annoying.

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th May 2023, 5:02 PM

Wasn't offered this time.
Bit annoying.

Can't you just get it on demand? We're having a hard time getting anyone to take it.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th May 2023, 5:05 PM

Can't you just get it on demand? We're having a hard time getting anyone to take it.

It's restricted to a much smaller group - over 75's, people with certain conditions etc.
Plus those who haven't had one before - though I think we're down to hardcore anti-vaxxers now, so I shouldn't imagine there'll be many takers.
Not sure it's a cost issue , more a "let's pretend it's gone away" issue.