British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,575

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 12th May 2023, 5:58 PM

All best with it Teddy. BBC accused of right wing bias ffs by Riviera Gigolo in squirm making little paddy he threw over Brexit on Newsnight. If there's just one thing Brexit's been good for it's getting nauseating control freaks like him in a permanent lather about it.

You've just summed up everything that's wrong with modern politics: people seem more motivated to support what winds up the people they hate rather than supporting things will actually make things better. See America for further details.

That's just a bonus.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 13th May 2023, 10:18 AM

That's just a bonus.

Yet it's the only one we hear about.

Look out Rishi - the vultures are circling.
Trouble is, I think the Tories will eat themselves first.

[/url]

If they think the people will elect that fat dickhead as PM ever again they must be off their rockers

Quote: lofthouse @ 13th May 2023, 11:45 AM

If they think the people will elect that fat dickhead as PM ever again they must be off their rockers

Johnson is a disgrace. A terrible person and wholly unsuited to high office.
Whether he is fat or not has nothing to do with it.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th May 2023, 12:14 PM

Whether he is fat or not has nothing to do with it.

Trouble is, the "Bring Back Boris Brigade - much like Momentum and Corbyn - are confusing the Tory Membership - a self-selecting, inevitably hard-line bunch of about 180.000 people - with the actual country.
He, like they, has had his day.
Personally, I'm all for a bit of blue-on-blue action - anything that dilutes the vote is fine by me.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2023, 10:34 PM

Without that senile old git Cable.

Oi Vince was the only senior politician to predict the 2008 credit crunch. "Senile" is spelt "senior" right ? You have a point, he's almost as old as President Biden !

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 13th May 2023, 12:14 PM

Whether he is fat or not has nothing to do with it

Oi he's the funniest politician we've had, if we could combine his ability as a word smith with Vince's integrity we'd have a great progressive government leader.

Quote: Firkin @ 13th May 2023, 12:47 PM

Oi Vince was the only senior politician to predict the 2008 credit crunch. "Senile" is spelt "senior" right ?

Oi he's the funniest politician we've had, if we could combine his ability as a word smith with Vince's integrity we'd have a great progressive government leader.

His writing isn't all that good either. And has he ever actually said anything funny? If so, what?

He was good on Have I got news for you. Also his turn of phrase "Pritster" is relatable, as are his slogans "Get Brexit done" "Remoners" etc... He's good at brevity. He also edited the Spectator (from memory). Plus his hire wire stunt, clown like hair, love of making busses out of egg boxes etc... But apart from that, you've got a point.

I don't think he personally coined the terms 'remoaner' or 'get Brexit done'.

Who knows ? But re-watching his (possible first) appearance on Have I got News for you, he makes a witty defence whilst being lambasted for doing the right thing, imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUDEpqyJ-_w

His charm is that he's human. Makes gaffs but tends to own up (until he became PM). Pedantics will always bully small errors or gaffs, so I think many admire his ablility to stand up to that kind of witless bullying. Is how I see the above footage. Also pendantic rule followers stifle progression, Boris did at least try to effect change even though it was the wrong change, imo. Which is why he needs combining with boring Economists like Vince. Feel free to disagree, as mass debate is always good.

Their now using the phrase "like minded patriots"

They are becoming more like Replicans and Bojo the clown is their Trump

I.E. they revere the man blindly even though any sensible person can see he is a liar and a bloody idiot

It's pathetic

The 'un-patriotic' thing is pretty sinister.

Jacob Rees Mogg today claims (with a straight face) that the reason Putins invasion of Ukraine has so far failed - is down to Brexit

And it's not even April 1st

I think his Nanny must have dropped him on his head as a child