British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,572

Quote: lofthouse @ 6th May 2023, 2:04 PM

Does his crown have that jewel that his family stole from the Indians? The Indians that his family colonised and murdered?

Bunch of thieving ,racist murdering, war mongering animals

Of course I'm sure all of your ancestors were innocent of anything resembling anthing of the kind.

Quote: Lazzard @ 7th May 2023, 10:25 AM

Anyone else think Penny Mordaunt was putting on a bit of a pitch for the PM job yesterday?
The Right want Sunak's blood for the local election disaster, and will be looking around.
Certainly giving off very strong "Leader" vibes - if of a slightly Handmaid's Tale variety.

She looked stunning

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th May 2023, 11:27 AM

So they dumped Boris

Got in Truss and dumped her

Got in Sunak - dump him?

Get in Mordaunt

Just basically get a new one in once every six months until they get it right?

Or until it dawns on them and us - THEY ARE ALL SODDING USELESS

Reminds me of Labour

Quote: lofthouse @ 7th May 2023, 11:27 AM

So they dumped Boris

Got in Truss and dumped her

Got in Sunak - dump him?

Get in Mordaunt

Just basically get a new one in once every six months until they get it right?

Or until it dawns on them and us - THEY ARE ALL SODDING USELESS

Reminds me of Labour

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2023, 11:08 AM

Reminds me of Labour

Not really.
The Tories have dumped more of their leaders in the last few years than Labour have in the past thirty.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 8th May 2023, 1:11 PM

Not really.
The Tories have dumped more of their leaders in the last few years than Labour have in the past thirty.

Depends, of course, what you mean by dumped, what you mean by leaders and what you mean by last few years.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th May 2023, 2:47 PM

Depends, of course, what you mean by dumped, what you mean by leaders and what you mean by last few years.

Cameron. May. Johnson. Truss. All resigned within the last 7 years. None of them did so entirely out of choice.
Only Blair, Brown, Miliband and Corbyn have quit as leader in the last 30 years.
Stamner is the 4th Labour leader this century. Sunak is the 8th Tory one.

And John Smith didn't have much choice ...

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 8th May 2023, 4:03 PM

Cameron. May. Johnson. Truss. All resigned within the last 7 years. None of them did so entirely out of choice.
Only Blair, Brown, Miliband and Corbyn have quit as leader in the last 30 years.
Stamner is the 4th Labour leader this century. Sunak is the 8th Tory one.

On the other hand, Labour have had 13 leaders since 1970 including acting leaders (12 if you discount John Smith); Conservatives have had 11.

As I say it depends what you mean by dumped, what you mean by leaders and what you mean by last few years.

To be fair Chappers didn't suggest that Labour had had the more leaders; merely that the Conservatives situation reminded him of Labour. Which is unarguable.

And, if we're using arbitrary dates to suit one's argument, between 1970 and 1997 Labour had six permanent leaders to the Conservatives' three.

Lies, damned lies and statistics eh?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th May 2023, 5:11 PM

Which is unarguable.

Not sure anything is unarguable.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th May 2023, 5:17 PM

Maybe not on these forums!

But the fact that something reminds somebody of something is unarguable.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 8th May 2023, 5:25 PM

Maybe not on these forums!

But the fact that something reminds somebody of something is unarguable.

Semantically, that's true.
You could not, by that criteria, argue with fact that your avatar reminds me of Marilyn Monroe.
You could justifiably call me an idiot, but couldn't argue with it.
I don't of course.
More like Cameron Diaz.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th May 2023, 5:17 PM

I'd disagree with you there

Quote: Chappers @ 8th May 2023, 5:42 PM

I'd disagree with you there

Well, you can't argue with that.

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th May 2023, 5:44 PM

Well, you can't argue with that.

Is this a 5 minute argument?

Quote: Lazzard @ 8th May 2023, 5:33 PM

More like Cameron Diaz.

Ha! Just read a funny anecdote relating to her in the Jimmy Carr biog. I'm reading at the moment

It's started already

Maga nutcases saying Trump is vindicated as he has ONLY been found guilty of sexual assault and not rape

He only "grabbed her pussy" in a changing room

Big deal!

Rishi Sunak's plan to double down on his five core policy priorities after the Tories' dismal local election results suffered a setback on Tuesday as the government acknowledged it had missed a key target on cutting NHS waiting lists.

Health secretary Steve Barclay made clear some patients in England have been unable to secure hospital treatment within 18 months, despite the government having a target of no one waiting more than a year and a half by April this year.

1 FAIL, 4 chances left

And interest rates are still at 10% - and it's not even his f**king governments job anyway - it's the BOE who will be responsible for getting the rate down

Clown/s