British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,256

Quote: Chappers @ 28th April 2023, 7:31 PM

One thing I WON'T watch is that show about Raoul Moat. I can't believe what he did to that poor policeman.

Exactly

Why would anyone sit down on the sofa and watch that?

He was a c*nt - end of story

Quote: Chappers @ 28th April 2023, 7:31 PM

One thing I WON'T watch is that show about Raoul Moat. I can't believe what he did to that poor policeman.

Yes, that poor sod. He tried to be brave and carry on, but as he said, his last sight of this world was that lump of shit staring at him with a sawn off shotgun, so it's no wonder he committed suicide.
I try not to think about it, as it upsets me too much, so why some c**t has made a drama out of it is an utter disgrace.

And as for the "fans" of Moat and of what he did - I hope they have all now died an awful painful death.

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is back for a fifth, and supposedly final, season.
For lovers of whip-smart, New York Jewish comedy dialogue this is a must.
But you'd need to see the first 4 Seasons to get the full benefit.
If you haven't, I envy you.
[Amazon]

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th April 2023, 9:14 AM

Continuing with Great Expectations, as it drifts further from the original Dickens, but am loving it. Some seriously nasty people and situations - I had my reservations at the start, but think now Charles would have approved as the bones are there.

Er well, not sure if that's how I expected it to finish, but nonetheless agreeable and a most enjoyable story based loosely on a Dickens classic.

Quote: Lazzard @ 29th April 2023, 9:36 AM

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is back for a fifth, and supposedly final, season.
For lovers of whip-smart, New York Jewish comedy dialogue this is a must.
But you'd need to see the first 4 Seasons to get the full benefit.
If you haven't, I envy you.
[Amazon]

I don't have Amazon, but do love Jewish humour, and from the album "You Don't Have to be Jewish", of which I have a vinyl copy - here's my two (very short!) tracks :- Enjoy!! 😂

A call from Long Island

Reading of the will

"Hello, Louis"
Great punchline.

A Belgian dude winning the snooker

Wtf!

Quote: lofthouse @ 1st May 2023, 10:09 PM

A Belgian dude winning the snooker

Wtf!

They come over here, winning our bloody trophies..........

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 1st May 2023, 11:46 PM

They come over here, winning our bloody trophies..........

Exactly. It's like Brexit never happened.

Love Sky or Pie in the Joy.

I've always been a fan of The Sweeny series. When they are repeated I'll always give them another watch.
Then by sheer chance, I came across the pilot episode of the show on YouTube.
It was one of those drama-hour shows that gave new writers a chance.

It was a one-off called Regan. I had never seen it before and it was excellent. It's no wonder it got picked up and made into The Sweeny.

Full episode here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHdyrqcemTQ&t=535s

Yes, I watched one the other week, and didn't realise until the last scene that it was the last ever episode when Regan got arrested in some bribery scandal and when cleared he told them to stuff their job - I remembered the final scene when Carter pleaded with him to change his mind, but he said no, called a taxi and sailed off into the sunset with Carter looking very downhearted.

Always enjoyed the opening titles too, especially from the earlier series.....................Great prog. and used to love the jokey banter between them all

They are regularly repeated on ITV4 in the afternoons.

Owes much to and inspired by 1971 film Villain, as I'm sure you all know. Have it on dvd and it's one of me favourites, and apparently Ronnie was very impressed with Richard Burton's portrayal, the actor being more naturally butch and scary than the both of them.

Clive Marie's Italian Road Trip. The engaging Myrie charms his way around his favourite country in this feelgood and informative series. I love it!