British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 6,154

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd April 2023, 9:42 AM

Further to my reporting much more detail with my new improved sight, on the football thread, the other thing I'd never noticed before was on this BCG website - the little face logo in the top right hand corner, with a gold ball on top left, also has a pulsating halo around it.

Never notice that before. How about you?

Had to log in this morning, which I have to do periodically. It wasn't pulsating when I wasn't logged in; now it is.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th April 2023, 9:57 AM

Had to log in this morning, which I have to do periodically. It wasn't pulsating when I wasn't logged in; now it is.

Thank heavens for that - not just me then. 😁

Just the old ones

Off to the footy in a minute.
To see if Mr Warnock really does walk on water.

I heard the trophy room was broken into at Huddersfield, and they stole the carpet

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 10th April 2023, 10:14 AM

Off to the footy in a minute.
To see if Mr Warnock really does walk on water.

Clearly not!

Same old same old: having a beer at the airport. Flying to Orlando via Houston to visit my parents and catch a couple of Wilco concerts.

I made it to Orlando, but my suitcase didn't. Somehow it ended up in New Orleans, and they can't tell me when it'll get here. There were ten pounds of frozen bacon and sausage in it. :(

Quote: DaButt @ 16th April 2023, 12:03 PM

I made it to Orlando, but my suitcase didn't. Somehow it ended up in New Orleans, and they can't tell me when it'll get here. There were ten pounds of frozen bacon and sausage in it. :(

I reckon it might pong a bit by the time you get it - think it may be best to disown it when it does finally arrive, not unless all your best silk underpants are in the suitcase with yer meat. 😆 (Or your meat in your underpants.)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 5th April 2023, 2:01 PM

I have bowel cancer, I will be having radiation and chemo over the next few weeks and an operation in twelve weeks.
I have not give up the ghost and see it as yet another fight I can do my best to win.
I am not being morbid in highlighting my status nor do I want sympathy, this is just my process of dealing with it as it happens.
I will still write despite this, just not comedy but I will work on my drama even if its a page a day its a positive.
I'll still read posts etc but many will be relieved to hear that I will be curtailing my inane arguments and left wing wokery outburst for a while so enjoy a break from that.
Ged,

My advice when on it is drink plenty of water or squash, have nibbles handy as you won't be eating as much and take vit supplements such as C D and iron to give you enough energy to get there every day if on a long daily outpatient course. The treatment is very effective but debilitating, and if you can get lifts there I recommend instead of driving. All best with it.

Will Cam is in Hawaii for the first time. And very nice it is too.

Quote: Will Cam @ 17th April 2023, 9:34 AM

Got to play you this.............................😁 Love a bit of Spike Jones

Quote: Will Cam @ 17th April 2023, 9:34 AM

Similarly the owl of the Remove is in Newmarket for three days for their first meeting of the season. And very nice weather it is too. Coffee al fresco in Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds this morning.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 17th April 2023, 6:49 PM

Similarly the owl of the Remove is in Newmarket for three days for their first meeting of the season. And very nice weather it is too. Coffee al fresco in Abbey Gardens, Bury St Edmunds this morning.

Ahh! My neck of the woods, or sort of. Lovely place Bury St Edmunds - the "county town" of West Suffolk. Enjoy!

Big day for us chicken keepers.
National 'Flockdown' has been lifted and the ladies can go outside again.
Eight very happy hens.