British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,254

I was talking Dickens novels, in particular.
A Tale of Two Cities
Hard Times
Our Mutual Friend

Love to see any of these given a darker, more modern treatment
The/my problem with Treasure Island is it tends to get treated as a kid's book, when it's actually ripe for quite a meaty, dark more grown-up adaptation.

Yes, will go along with all that....................and with Johnny Depp in Treasure Island as Long John 😂

Black Sails is a prequel series to Treasure Island, and pretty dark. Not bad too.

Thanks for that, but looks like a TV series? I'll see if my son can download it somewhere - it's amazing what he can come up with

Scared of the Dark. Enjoyed Gazza talking about getting aroused while meeting Margaret Thatcher and having to go and, erm, deal with his excitement in the toilet.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 17th April 2023, 11:45 AM

Thanks for that, but looks like a TV series?

Yeah, there were four series, with about ten episodes each. Worth a gander if your son can download it for you.

Bloomin' heck c. 40 episodes?!

Black Sails was fantastic.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th April 2023, 12:57 PM

Black Sails was fantastic.

Just watched the trailer.
My buckles are now well and truly swashed.
Might seek it out.

https://amzn.to/43HBett

Might get that myself and watch it all over again.

Watching the live coverage of the upcoming SpaceX Starship launch. I wish I were home in Texas to watch it in person, but I might be able to catch a launch here in Florida Wednesday morning.

EDIT: Launch scrubbed for today.

Quote: Aaron @ 17th April 2023, 1:39 PM

https://amzn.to/43HBett

Might get that myself and watch it all over again.

Now you've all got me splicing me gibbet or whatever it is they do, so have just emailed my son to see if he can download it for nowt - he usually can from somewhere in cyber-space.

Well I was going to watch Scared of the Dark on CH4

But then I suddenly realised- hang on, only a fricken retard would sit and watch a bunch of z listers banging around in the f**king dark for an hour

Absolutely pathetic

Amen to that

Quote: lofthouse @ 17th April 2023, 9:30 PM

Well I was going to watch Scared of the Dark on CH4

But then I suddenly realised- hang on, only a fricken retard would sit and watch a bunch of z listers banging around in the f**king dark for an hour

Well, that's a bit harsh on chipolata! 😮

Quote: a plate @ 18th April 2023, 1:32 AM

Well, that's a bit harsh on chipolata! 😮

Sometimes we have to be hard to be kind 😁, and I'm sure chips is worldly-wise enough to let it run off his back.