British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,253

We should point out that there was a spam post about baseball which has since been removed.
Otherwise, curious future readers of this thread might be under the unfortunate impression that everyone's gone FUCKEN MAD by randomly talking about baseball for no reason whatsoever!

Spam about baseball? That seems incredibly pointless and futile.

Quote: DaButt @ 8th April 2023, 2:01 AM

Spam about baseball? That seems incredibly pointless and futile.

Pointless and futile - none of that on this forum! But I think it was just a spambot, posting random stuff with a link.

FWIW, though I'm proud to be British, I love a lot of American stuff, have no interest in football, think Elvis pisses on the Beatles, and played Cowboys and Indians rather than Roundheads and Cavaliers! 🤠

Anyway, back to the thread topic - I watched Late Night Lycett. In the words of Michael Monkhouse, it was total and utter f**king shit. Just loads of double entendres that Julian Clary did much better about 30 years ago.

Quote: a plate @ 8th April 2023, 2:51 AM

FWIW

Had to google that.

Quote: a plate @ 8th April 2023, 2:51 AM

Anyway, back to the thread topic - I watched Late Night Lycett. In the words of Michael Monkhouse, it was total and utter f**king shit. Just loads of double entendres that Julian Clary did much better about 30 years ago.

I watched the first episode last week and thought it was so bad I wouldn't even bother to comment about it on here - effin' dire! And was disappointed that Joanna Lumley lowered herself to appear on it - she did look a bit embarrassed though, and quite rightly too.

And what the f**k Lycett was wearing was any body's guess.

Quote: nancybooher @ 8th April 2023, 7:47 PM

On TV, I only watch sporting events. My favorite baseball games weren't streaming correctly for me. The picture, connection, and loudness were all completely inappropriate. I was able to uncover some great streaming websites with the help of this article. I love that I now consistently watch games on Sportsurge.

That's strike three

F**k off

Reservoir Dogs

👂 🩸

I wouldn't want to be Mr Pink either - he had a point.

Fist of Fun

Richard Herring looks soooo young

Quote: DaButt @ 8th April 2023, 1:38 AM

Japan, Cuba, Canada, the Dominican Republic - essentially much/most of North/Central/South America.

I know it's cheap & easy fun to denigrate another nation's sporting passion(s), but I hope you realize that referring to rounders and handball (American football) sounds like sour grapes. Major League Baseball in the United States is suffering a little attendance-wise, but it still puts 4x-5x as many butts in stadium seats as the EPL.

If it bothers you that (some) Americans refer to football as soccer and make fun of the slow pace and scoreless ties, then I hope you understand that your worldview is equally myopic.

Embrace diversity®. :)

Yes but calling something The World Series when it's just North America is ridiculous. Real football (soccer) has a World Cup involving countries from the whole world.

Last Woman On Earth With Sara Pascoe. Enjoyed the first series and glad it's back. Almost missed it though, didn't see any promotion.

Just finished watching Annika starring the lovely Nicola Walker.

I mentioned this elsewhere about her breaking the fourth wall but one of the loveliest things about it is her occasional looks at the camera. Very expressive.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th March 2023, 8:43 AM

Great Expectations off to a good start, I thought.

Getting very dark and brutal, and bearing less and less to any other versions I've seen, so much so, that I am now looking at this as being very loosely based on the Dicken's story.

Really enjoying it though! And can't wait to see how this version pans out - it wouldn't surprise me now if Kalashnikovs came into the picture.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th April 2023, 11:07 PM

Getting very dark and brutal, and bearing less and less to any other versions I've seen, so much so, that I am now looking at this as being very loosely based on the Dicken's story.

Really enjoying it though! And can't wait to see how this version pans out - it wouldn't surprise me now if Kalashnikovs came into the picture.

Spot on.
It does play fast and loose - but in an enjoyable rip-roaring way.
I'd like to see some of the lesser known novels get a similar re-boot.

Quote: Lazzard @ 17th April 2023, 8:38 AM

Spot on.
It does play fast and loose - but in an enjoyable rip-roaring way.
I'd like to see some of the lesser known novels get a similar re-boot.

😆 Maybe.

My all time favourite is "Treasure Island", which I never tire of reading (well, not every week!) - not sure if I'd like it to be messed with though.

EDIT Ahh, I've read your post again - are you talking specifically about Dickens? If so, Pickwick Papers? Very good story that could be dragged into the 21st century.