British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,252

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 27th March 2023, 9:26 PM

The final was Oxford Ladies v Cambridge Ladies. I believe there was a men's race as well.

Were the ladies boats coxless?

Baddum-tish

I just watched part 1 of Grace which was quite gruesome. Then I watched the first episode of Blue Light which was really heavy.

I liked both of them! I would happily watch police dramas every day of the week.
Although I've just realised watching Blue Lights yesterday means I missed Unforgotten. :O

Great Expectations off to a good start, I thought.
And while I originally felt Olivia Coleman was a somewhat unoriginal piece of casting (she's in bloody everything) I think she's going to be a good Miss Haversham.
I remember as a kid seeing Miss H's final scene in the David Lean version - and it haunting me for some weeks after.

Quote: Lazzard @ 28th March 2023, 8:43 AM

[i]
I remember as a kid seeing Miss H's final scene in the David Lean version - and it haunting me for some weeks after.

Yes, one I would watch again, with Martita Hunt (the farter extraordinaire, apparently) in the part of Miss Havisham

the hateful eight

Yes Prime Minister

The one where he takes Sir Humphreys key off him and changes all the locks

Priceless 🤣

Just finished season one of White Lotus. Very good, and at times like a weird comedy-drama version of Fawlty Towers.

Django unchained

Ah yes but correct me if I'm wrong in saying baseball is the most boring sport ever invented by humanity?

Rounders with masks, soft balls, catchers gloves and music.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 7th April 2023, 7:44 PM

Rounders with masks, soft balls, catchers gloves and music.

Baseballs are not at all soft, hence the need for masks (only worn by the catcher and umpire) and a glove when flying at 100+ MPH.

Quote: DaButt @ 7th April 2023, 9:00 PM

Baseballs are not at all soft, hence the need for masks (only worn by the catcher and umpire) and a glove when flying at 100+ MPH.

Yes but who cares about Baseball (Rounders) in the rest of the world?

The Japanese.

Quote: Chappers @ 7th April 2023, 10:56 PM

Yes but who cares about Baseball (Rounders) in the rest of the world?

Japan, Cuba, Canada, the Dominican Republic - essentially much/most of North/Central/South America.

I know it's cheap & easy fun to denigrate another nation's sporting passion(s), but I hope you realize that referring to rounders and handball (American football) sounds like sour grapes. Major League Baseball in the United States is suffering a little attendance-wise, but it still puts 4x-5x as many butts in stadium seats as the EPL.

If it bothers you that (some) Americans refer to football as soccer and make fun of the slow pace and scoreless ties, then I hope you understand that your worldview is equally myopic.

Embrace diversity®. :)