British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,554

I am reading that a super injunction is costing a certain TV presenter Β£30K a week for a law firm to take down any mention of his alleged misdeeds.
Therefore it's hard to catch any reports or articles about it as they are gone as soon as they are up.

I knew they'd get Clarkson in the end.

If anyone ever brings up the old chestnut about Gordon Brown selling off the countries gold at rock bottom blah blah when chancellor- tell them what Sunak did when he gave away BILLIONS of pounds to crooks...

Tens of billions of pounds have been lost to fraud since the start of the COVID pandemic, according to the National Audit Office (NAO), with little chance of the majority being reclaimed.

Of the Β£21bn identified by the NAO to have been lost by the government, more than Β£7bn is linked to schemes introduced during the pandemic

And it says it is "very unlikely" that the bulk of the taxpayers' money will be recovered.

He should be in bloody jail

So what was the so-called opposition doing while all that was being given away? Not opposing that's for sure. Urging the government to throw more money at covid and to do so for longer as I recall.

Maybe their front bench will be company for Sunak in gaol.

Yep throw money at covid, not throw it at criminals

And then not bother to try and get it back

But yep, you're right it's probably all the Labour Party's fault ...

πŸ™„

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 30th March 2023, 5:14 PM

So what was the so-called opposition doing while all that was being given away? Not opposing that's for sure. Urging the government to throw more money at covid and to do so for longer as I recall.

Maybe their front bench will be company for Sunak in gaol.

They repeatedly challenged the procurement procedure - including VIP fast lanes and the complete lack of transparency.
Sept 2020 they laid out some very robust challenges into the Tories fiscal handling of the pandemic, highlighting equipment not fit for purpose; the re-hiring of Serco for contact tracing (despite poor performance); shipments of useless PPE; useless antibody tests etc etc
And of course, they made plenty of noise about 'friend of the family' Dido Harding and the Β£22 billion squandered on 'Test & Trace'.
That's what the Opposition was doing - calling out the cons.
Not much else they could do.

Trump indicted!

Lock him up, lock him up

🍻πŸ₯‚πŸΊπŸΉπŸΈ

What an utter prat

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2023, 11:01 PM

Trump indicted!

Lock him up, lock him up

🍻πŸ₯‚πŸΊπŸΉπŸΈ

The weaponization of the government continues apace. Republicans have long memories (their mascot is an elephant, after all), and we can expect similar revenge attacks against Democrats when Republicans eventually regain the presidency. They might even decide to file charges against Biden's sleazy and thoroughly corrupt son in the meantime.

We're one step closer to becoming a banana republic where every president is impeached and arrested. That won't be good for the nation.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st March 2023, 12:06 AM

What an utter prat

He is 1000% correct, and his response was that of any reasonable person.

Quote: DaButt @ 31st March 2023, 12:09 AM

He is 1000% correct, and his response was that of any reasonable person.

Only in Americky - "Oh, say can you see......................."

apart from, I thought you couldn't get any more than 100%

The right to bear arms applies to sensible people, calm people, aggressive people, mental people - all the people.
But what does a Christmas card with a picture of your whole family holding semi-automatic guns mean?
The message has gone over my head.
It seems to mean, if you come to our house with nefarious motives, we can collectively put about 100 holes in you within seconds.
Very festive.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st March 2023, 7:54 AM

But what does a Christmas card with a picture of your whole family holding semi-automatic guns mean?
The message has gone over my head.
It seems to mean, if you come to our house with nefarious motives, we can collectively put about 100 holes in you within seconds.
Very festive.

It sounds like Home Alone, but forgoing the traps and just going straight to bullets!

Quote: Feeoree @ 31st March 2023, 9:01 AM

It sounds like Home Alone, but forgoing the traps and just going straight to bullets!

I like the idea of that.
"The right to bear marbles, glue, tin-tacks and a blow-torch."

If you are having trouble finding a dentist, I think these people take NHS patients...............

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st March 2023, 7:54 AM

The message has gone over my head..

The message is that if Santy Claus even thinks about coming down our chimney, we gonna pop a cap in his sorry ass