British Comedy Guide

I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,521

I said you might.
Padalack shoe-horning brexit in no matter the topic lol.

Do you know there is pressure and bullying by the union activists in the NHS to make them vote to strike?
Even then, a lot of trusts did not reach the 50% vote yes and are not on strike.

You have got your metaphors in a muddle . I don't need to shoehorn the elephant in the room.
I can however assure you on one thing and that's it will take someone a lot smarter than you are to convince me that what I am looking at isn't there.

I'd give the Jamaican woodbines a miss for a day if I was you.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st December 2022, 2:51 PM

I said you might.
Padalack shoe-horning brexit in no matter the topic lol.

Do you know there is pressure and bullying by the union activists in the NHS to make them vote to strike?
Even then, a lot of trusts did not reach the 50% vote yes and are not on strike.

The man who doesn't believe in national polls gives us some anecdotal evidence.
So, no, I don't know about bullying and have yet to read about it.
The Trusts that voted to strike are on strike, the ones who didn't, aren't.
Democracy in ation.

If you only read one side, you won't hear of it or read it. If you know people in the NHS you will. So not anecdotal.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 21st December 2022, 4:35 PM

If you only read one side, you won't hear of it or read it. If you know people in the NHS you will. So not anecdotal.

That's the exact definition of anecdotal.
Anyway, contrary to popular opinion, I read a broad range of news sources - just surprised some of the more anti-union ones haven't come down harder on that particular angle.
I only know one nurse, a who voted to, and is on, strike.

Putin says Russia not to blame for Ukraine conflict.

Quote: Chappers @ 21st December 2022, 9:27 PM

Putin says Russia not to blame for Ukraine conflict.

Don't tell me - it's the Labour Party?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11569149/Serial-killer-Serpent-seen-leaving-Nepalese-prison-early-release-good-behaviour.html

While I am not tech savvy enough to post photos I do think that its worth highlighting the look on the womans face who realises that she is sat next to The Serpent serial killer. I find it it speaks volumes.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 23rd December 2022, 1:56 PM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11569149/Serial-killer-Serpent-seen-leaving-Nepalese-prison-early-release-good-behaviour.html

While I am not tech savvy enough to post photos I do think that its worth highlighting the look on the womans face who realises that she is sat next to The Serpent serial killer. I find it it speaks volumes.

I KNEW you were a Mail reader!

Floating restaurant starts to sink!!!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-64078593

Film studio Universal can be sued for false advertising after fans complained a movie trailer was misleading, a US judge has ruled.

Two fans of the actress Ana de Armas have filed a lawsuit after renting the 2019 film Yesterday.

The actress was seen in the trailer, but the pair were disappointed to find she had been cut from the final film.

The plaintiffs, Conor Woulfe and Peter Michael Rosza, each paid $3.99 (£3.31) to rent Yesterday on Amazon Prime.

They are seeking at least $5 million (£4.1m) from Universal.

For crying out loud....

A GP surgery accidentally told patients they had aggressive lung cancer instead of wishing them a merry Christmas.
Askern Medical Practice sent the text message to people registered with the surgery in Doncaster on 23 December.
Sarah Hargreaves, who was waiting for medical test results, said she "broke down" when she received the text, only to be later told it was sent in error.
The group which runs the surgery said nobody was available for comment. The centre has almost 8,000 patients.
The first text told recipients they had "aggressive lung cancer with metastases", a type of secondary malignant growth.
It directed patients to fill out a DS1500 form, which allows people with terminal diseases to claim certain benefits.
However, about an hour later people received a second text telling them it was an error and it was meant to wish them a merry Christmas instead.

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th December 2022, 12:18 PM

For crying out loud....

A GP surgery accidentally told patients they had aggressive lung cancer instead of wishing them a merry Christmas.
Askern Medical Practice sent the text message to people registered with the surgery in Doncaster on 23 December.
Sarah Hargreaves, who was waiting for medical test results, said she "broke down" when she received the text, only to be later told it was sent in error.
The group which runs the surgery said nobody was available for comment. The centre has almost 8,000 patients.
The first text told recipients they had "aggressive lung cancer with metastases", a type of secondary malignant growth.
It directed patients to fill out a DS1500 form, which allows people with terminal diseases to claim certain benefits.
However, about an hour later people received a second text telling them it was an error and it was meant to wish them a merry Christmas instead.

NHS and GP surgeries make use of "short codes" for mass messages like these, so it's quite easy to make such a mistake. The sender probably doesn't see the actual text of the message.

Excessive reliance on technology is very common nowadays. Managers forget that most mistakes are actually made by humans doing the input commands.

GIGO is the term for it.