British Comedy Guide

What are you watching on TV? Page 2,247

I'm watching on talking pictures a film called a pair of briefs, a comedy from 1962 about a female barrister who bonds with a male rebel in chambers starring Ron Moody, Joan Sims, Liz Frazer and many more.

I watched The English.
I like Westerns as an entire genre from Destry to Josey Wales and all in between.
So while this was closer to Missouri Breaks in its approach it was different in many ways but thoroughly entertaining with a great baddie.
A good watch.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 25th November 2022, 8:00 AM

I watched The English.
I like Westerns as an entire genre from Destry to Josey Wales and all in between.
So while this was closer to Missouri Breaks in its approach it was different in many ways but thoroughly entertaining with a great baddie.
A good watch.

I couldn't get into it.

The Persuaders on Great TV.

First Valerie Leon, then Madeline Smith. Then another one I recognise.*

And Nicola Pagett.

And Clegg.

* Anoushka Hempel.

Holiday Affair, enjoyable seasonal offering with Robert Mitchum & Janet Leigh. On catch-up.

Gangsta Grannie Strikes Again.

Looking at the lineup for tonight's Royal Variety Performance it looks surprisingly good (and then there's Gary Barlow).

Quote: Chappers @ 20th December 2022, 2:20 PM

Looking at the lineup for tonight's Royal Variety Performance it looks surprisingly good .

I wasn't impressed. Haven't watched it for years.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th December 2022, 3:38 PM

I wasn't impressed. Haven't watched it for years.

1963 - that was the best one. It's all been downhill from there:

The Beatles, Marlene Dietrich, Flanders & Swann, Eric Sykes & Hattie Jacques, Wilfred Brambell & Harry H Corbett, Charlie Drake, Tommy Steele & the cast of Half a Sixpence, Harry Secombe & the cast of Pickwick, Buddy Greco, Dickie Henderson... Even Pinkie & Perky.

I have the programme:

I didn't know you were related to Royalty, Billy. Should I curtsey next time I see you?

Chic featuring Al Murray on drum, Frank Skinner on Banjo, Maissie Adams on castanets and David Baddiel and Lee Mack on guitars.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th December 2022, 5:29 PM

I didn't know you were related to Royalty, Billy. Should I curtsey next time I see you?

I was rattling my jewellery while those in the cheap seats clapped.

Just finished up Season 5 of A Handmaid's Tale - one of the best yet I think.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th December 2022, 10:25 PM

I was rattling my jewellery while those in the cheap seats clapped.

Now where have I heard that before................

Anyway, I heard you picked that programme up out of a waste bin after the show, when you were on the graveyard shift of cleaners.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th December 2022, 8:49 PM

Chic featuring Al Murray on drum, Frank Skinner on Banjo, Maissie Adams on castanets and David Baddiel and Lee Mack on guitars.

And while that was on, I was watching the main man, Louis Armstrong at the Newport Jazz Festival in 1970 - sheer bliss.

Also featuring Bobby Hackett and Dizzy Gillespie - wonderful. Boy could those guys play the horn.

For me, foot tapping from beginning to end.